It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Are you looking for the next opportunity to learn and grow? At Wells Fargo, we offer a supportive environment where team members can cultivate their careers and make a difference within our company and the communities we serve.
Marketing leads the development of integrated marketing strategies across Wells Fargo's 90 plus business lines and national geography. The group is responsible for brand strategy and advertising, database and experiential marketing including the company's 12 history museums, integrated program and product development, market research and related customer analytics, and diverse segments strategy and business development. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Insights and Analytics Team:
This role is part of the Insights and Analytics Team which is being created to be the best-in-class Decision-Support organization that can provide insights to inform our business/customer marketing and product strategy as well as our broader Wells Fargo strategic initiatives, and identify new growth and profitability opportunities.
This team is responsible for making sure a cross Enterprise, customer centric perspective is included in internal strategic and operational discussions across WF Retail businesses.
Reporting to the Cross-LOB/Enterprise Customer Analytics manager, this analyst will be responsible for the following :
- Consulting with the Marketing and Brand Strategy COE team to solve various strategic business analytics questions such as Segmentation Analytics, Attrition/Retention, Consumer and Competitive Landscape analysis, Diminishment and Segment Dashboards and Customer Experience Analytics.
- There is a specific focus on customer acquisition, balance diminishment, value segmentation, payment strategies and understanding the trigger events associated with customer engagement. As part of this work, identify and assess marketing opportunities to improve the customer experience and to generate revenue.
- Working closely with the CLG/CB and WIM/Wholesale Marketing Analytics teams to support the various LOB product and marketing teams.
- Possessing strong analytical, conceptual, and quantitative problem solving skills. Design and lead complex projects/ analyses across products/business lines/functional areas/data sources.
- Comfortable with big data, statistical analysis, and advanced analytical techniques needed for problem definition, exploratory analysis and production solution-making.
- Generating business relevant insights for highly complex segmentation and other analytics-based insight using an array of analytical and statistical methods and data.
- Exploring industry-leading experimental techniques, big data visualizations or exploratory data analytics.
- Documenting requirements and scope for each business analytics projects and building a project plan to deliver them independently.
- Building the right set of metrics, analytics methodology and reporting/presentation to communicate insights and actions from the analysis to key EM/LOB leads.
- Formulating and answering strategic questions using rigorous analysis while developing a clear, simple and compelling story to influence management and gain buy-in.
- Applying knowledge of business, customers and products to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective. Proactively surfacing industry, technological and consumer behavior trends. Managing project support to implement.
- Preparing and delivering thoughtful and impactful presentations to senior level business partners that will drive future strategies keeping in mind industry and consumer trends as comparison points. The use of advanced visualization tools may be required.
- Sharing findings with Operating Committee Marketing groups (OC), Center of Excellence Marketing groups (COEs) and internal Insights and Analytics (I&A) functions.
- Assisting in the creation of scorecards and dashboards for supporting various business users (and leadership) within Enterprise Marketing.
- Managing and owning client relationships and partnering effectively to communicate results and outcomes.
- Proactively managing issues and project risks and working with the Leader of Customer Segmentation Analytics to prioritize and solve them.
- Bringing a consulting and solution and servicing mindset to Enterprise Marketing leadership.
- Work closely with leaders within the Marketing and Brand Strategy Team as well as LOB partners in the business and marketing teams.
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix organization and create a strong collaborative work environment to successfully develop partnerships with many business and functional areas
- A highly effective, consultative analyst with a strong executive presence and personal credibility as a result of demonstrated integrity, marketing and business acumen, and effective decision-making and problem- solving skills.
- Strong collaborative partnership style, with an execution- and results-oriented focus
- Generates credibility, respect and consensus through strategic vision and outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Has the ability to present and discuss information in a way that persuades, educates and enhances understanding at all level.
- Demonstrate success in taking initiative and driving for results.
- Teradata Aster skills and/or machine learning background a plus.
- Exhibit strong oral/ written communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical audiences.
- Think creatively and innovatively connecting the dots, where others cannot, to create actionable and profitable insights.
- Show resourcefulness in the absence of perfect information upon which to base analyses and conclusions.
LOCATIONS: Flexible across the Wells Fargo footprint with a preference for San Francisco or Charlotte.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience completing complex analysis across multiple lines of business
- Exceptional analytics skills using complex statistical techniques
- Expert in SAS and SQL languages with demonstrated proficiency using multiple, large-scale databases
- Strong problem solving skills with a sense of urgency
- Consultative experience with ability to understand the presenting problem, solution design, gain buy-in and consensus on approach, gather necessary resources to complete the assignment and communicate results in a timely way to our partners and peer groups
- Able to communicate complex analytic results clearly and concisely
- Experience work with in a matrix organizational structure and with that, the ability to articulate multiple perspectives leading to high levels of collaboration
- Generates credibility, respect and consensus through clear verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of multiple WF data environments
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and surface issues in a timely manner
- Proactively identify business opportunities or efficiency improvements based on internal or external trends
- The strategic perspective of balancing the need for innovation and change with the internal need to manage risk and cultural readiness for change
- Experience working closely with Marketing and other senior leaders across the enterprise
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.