Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Regional Acceptance Lead - North America
The Solutions Engineering organization has a mandate to understand the needs of our customers and deliver solutions leveraging the full suite of Mastercard assets to solve those problems. For the merchant and acceptance solutions engineer, success will drive incremental revenue, drive transaction routing preference and expand acceptance. The NAM Merchant and Acceptance Solution Engineer will own developing and packaging adhoc and bundled solutions to meet vertical needs by working closely with Market Development and internal stakeholders. The position plays a critical role in driving differentiation within the merchant and acceptance community resulting in better relationships, preference and revenue.
• In cooperation with regional merchant and acceptance teams under Market Development, create and define a regional go-to-market strategy for commercializing Mastercard products and service by merchant vertical/segment with a goal of incremental revenue, transactional share shift or acceptance expansion.
• Understands and assesses ability to bring products and services together horizontally either for adhoc solutions or prepackaged bundles with a focus on minimal customer operational /implementation impact, excellent customer experience and quality delivery.
• Establish and build relationships with Market Development team, as with other critical functions such as relationship managers, Customer Delivery, Marketing, Core Products, Digital Products and the Services organization to deliver on solutions.
• Development of commercialization action plans for off-the shelf bundles to serve merchant segments/verticals, as well as specific solutions for RFPs
• Ensure that the Regional Products and Solutions team are aware of and incorporate regional issues and opportunities into the overall framework of Global Product and Services Strategies.
• Serve as the single point of contact to regional personnel for issues that belong to the Merchant and Acceptance Solution team and own the resolution of issues by working with global team members and/or counterparts in other regions.
• Integral member of the Global Acceptance Team, driving the Global Acceptance Strategy into regional objectives broadening our footprint, and making sure we have clear product differentiation edge over the competition.
All About You
• Proven expertise in payments industry, specifically a deep understanding of merchant needs and how to package assets to gain merchant adoption
• Deep expertise in MA products and services that can be bundled
• Highly collaborative; natural integrator with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver products and solutions for merchants needs
• Ability to influence people at multiple levels and navigate a global, decentralized organization
• Ability to successfully execute in a dynamic environment across multiple functional disciplines
• Fully embraces digital world and understands its importance for future growth
• Skilled at building and maintaining strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer