Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Market Product Management - NAM Small Business
Today the Global SME segment represents over $300B of our existing Global Commercial GDV. The Vice President, Product Management will lead the product management of SME solutions in North America. These solutions will support both our Issuing distribution partners as well as the end SME user. This role will work with the global SME product team, SME product sales specialists, regional product architects, regional delivery and account teams to develop a regional SME strategy, solutions and go to market plans to win more business and grow programs with our customers.
• Drive North America Markets (NAM) Small Business Strategy by developing a deep understanding of the segment through benchmarking, competitive analyses, and research; recommending best practices; and generating profitability analyses and business cases.
• Develop card program, pricing, and go to market strategies and roadmaps for continued growth in the segment.
• Provide thought leadership on innovative programs, functionalities, and strategies Mastercard can implement with issuers.
• Utilize small business industry expertise to construct Mastercard’s point of view on small business as a segment, as well as to guide issuers in creating their differentiated strategic approaches to the small business segment.
• Drive segment strategies and collaborate with regional management and specific issuers on customized programs to optimize existing products for small businesses, including acquisition, usage/spend, & retention tactics.
• Provide input into global SME product development activities
• Develop/regionally enhance SME CVPs
• Complete opportunity assessments including business cases on new ideas and concepts.
• Develop, track and deliver portfolio results as well as the results of new product/product enhancements to determine effectiveness and refine strategy development.
• Ensure product suite is continually updated to exceed cardholder and issuer expectations, industry standards, and competitive pressures. Full ownership of competitive assessments to feed into global product/product architect organization related to drive product development needs or bundled solutions
• Manage performance of existing products and issuer implementations.
• Support sales teams with customer facing small business expertise and sales support related to small business portfolio business development with banks and non-traditional partners
• Work with sales to develop pipelines to drive share growth and align with product managers and product architects to develop solutions to support customer segment needs
• Works with account manager and relays direct client feedback to product architects/product managers to support solutions to meet identified customer needs and differentiate product offering
• Lead high-performance team to deliver against aggressive objectives.
• Developing Product Line Strategies for the SME segment that leverage MasterCard assets and consumer insights to create innovative solutions and services that deliver a flawless consumer experience
• Leveraging research and data analytics to expand and optimize the current business with the goal of reaching underpenetrated programs, product lines, and markets to drive profitable share
• Establish end-to-end product line ownership and accountability for Small Business Credit and Debit programs
• Drive product management discipline including: managing the product value proposition, analyzing product economics, developing consumer engagement and portfolio optimization tools
• Establish clear product roadmaps, integrating and embedding MA assets to drive differentiation and innovation
All About You
Background in global product management and development, strategy and planning for the SME segment. Experience developing segment and product strategies and roadmaps required. Product and customer segment management experience is required.
• Knowledge and experience working with/in US market
• Demonstrated success building relationships and delivering results
• Strong analytical skills with ability to drive deep product insights from data
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills
• Ability to take independent action and be comfortable interacting with varying levels of leadership across the organization and with internal and external clients
• Strong ability to interact with, influence, and build consensus across a variety of internal business units, external partners, and service providers
• Approximately 20% domestic travel required
• Undergraduate degree required. MBA preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer