DescriptionThe UX Architect is responsible for a combination of product strategy, information architecture, user research, application concepting, visual design and usability testing. UX Architects work to identify and translate user needs into digital products and applications. Also, the UX Architect drives the evolution of User Experience for Cox Automotive through education, advocacy, and thought leadership. As a core member of the agile release train, this position will collaborate with product architects and engineering team members to deliver features that delight customers while delivering on business objectives. The UX Architect is focused on creating enjoyable customer experiences by iterating on designs and gathering feedback to constantly improve products.
- Leads product user experience strategy; Researches, identifies and works directly with customers and consumers, using stakeholder interviews, competitive audits (business
- and UX) and user research to understand and validate product ideas.
- Transform needs prioritized by business goals into testable questions
- Keeps abreast of industry developments and new technologies; designs and evaluates visual human interfaces using user-centered design principles.
- Develops UX related documentation; Balances business requirements and market research to develop scenarios, use cases, user profiles, workflows, and mental models
- Defines the information architecture and interaction flow of applications.
- Presents conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes to key stakeholders.
- Analyzes usage data to understand if we are meeting business objectives.
- Conduct surveys and interviews with internal team members, product experts, and external customers to inform product design and persona development, in conjunction with UX Researchers.
- Mentors and educates product and engineering teams to have a higher understanding of UX best practices and techniques; Multiply and embed your skills into differing disciplines and job roles.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 5+ yrs leading UX best practices
- Strong understanding of product development lifecycles
- Experience with design sprints in an Agile development process, and Lean UX methodologies
- Proven ability to lead teams and advocate for best practices
- Strong proficiency wireframing and prototyping software, as well as familiarity with frontend code and web / mobile-based environments
- Experience with mobile, tablet and web responsive design
- Ability to gather and synthesize different types of usability research; surveys, A/B tests, user interviews, and usability tests
- Excellent communication skills. Individual must be a proactive problem solver and able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks.
Cox Automotive, Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim®, Autotrader®, Kelley Blue Book®, Dealertrack®, vAuto®, Xtime®, NextGear Capital® and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.Organization:
Cox AutomotivePrimary Location:
US-NY-Lake Success-1111 Marcus AveEmployee Status:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule: