Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. At Arconic, we develop and manufacture high performance, engineered products and solutions for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets. EPS offers unique, comprehensive capabilities, from advanced alloy and 3D printing powder development to advanced manufacturing and qualification expertise. Our global footprint of manufacturing and R&D facilities are strategically located adjacent to customer clusters and in low-cost regions. Our four business units are built on market leadership in airfoils, fasteners, rings, forgings, extrusions, advanced alloys and industrial gas turbines.
At Arconic Power and Propulsion, a business unit of the Engineered Products and Solutions group, we hold the number one global market position in aero engine and industrial gas turbine airfoils—and we are a world-class producer of structural aero engine components. We excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Our Dover Casting
division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers.
Our Dover, New Jersey Casting Operation
has an immediate need for a Midnight Shift Utility Worker
in our Cutting & Cleaning department.POSITION OVERVIEW
This position will fill in gaps in labor for the hourly positions across operations. The Utility worker is responsible for performing any non-certified/unskilled hourly job. Additionally will perform certified jobs once trained and certified. ENVIORNMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
- Sandblast operations include: Operates sandblast, tumbling, vibratory or REM equipment to clean metal castings of scale, foreign material and discoloration to produce a smooth surface.
- Wax Machine operations include: Repeatedly injects wax or plastic patterns by operating one or two automatic fixed cycle, power injection machines. Prepares pattern for inspection by cleaning core print area and identifying pattern. Performs visual inspection for quality of injected pattern. De-flash solid patterns at press
- Carter operations include: Picks up and delivers products to transport products throughout plant. Box assembly and other shipping dock duties such as preparing shipments.
- Wax Kitter Operations include: Supplies Wax Cells all materials to produce wax molds including lot travelers, cups, sprues, prepared plates, ceramics, engraver numbers, patterns, and trucks. Sprue injection, ceramics and wax dip mold assembly, assembly inspection, plate making, wax workcell operations.
- Shell Remover Operations include: Removing shelling and cores, loading and un-loading for KOH and water hone operations and sandblasting.
- Foundry Worker Operations include: Removing pins and hardware from molds.
- Packer Operations include: Lot and documentation auditing, inspection, sorting and recording parts, stamping and stenciling and final sorting and packaging.
- Etcher I Operations include: Chemically etching of parts and water-honing/ drying oven operation.
- Leacher Operations include: Post core removal operations (waterhone, acid rinse, oven dry) and loading and unloading of baskets.
- Grinder Operations include: Back-stand grinding only, set-ups, calibrations and verifications of fixtures and taking quality measurements.
- This position will also fill in other hourly positions (grade 6 and under) from time to time in addition to the commonly listed positions above.
- Frequent Standing, Walking and lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Manufacturing environment (hot, cold, etc)
- Use of blast machines, grinding machines, hand tools and other manufacturing equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Basic QualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred QualificationsPREFFERED QUALIFICATIONS
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’).
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- Must have High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must pass etcher I visual exam and Level 1 certification post training.
- Ability to work in many different jobs and offer flexibility as needed.
Not ready to apply?