At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Human Resources professionals at BASF create chemistry with people. HR is working to form the best team by sourcing, hiring and developing the right talent for BASF. In addition to traditional responsibilities like governance, benefits administration, and payroll, HR at BASF serves as a strategic partner to the business, ensuring that the right people are in the right place at the right time to help the Company grow. HR strives to make BASF an even better place to work by soliciting feedback, engaging employees, and shaping the culture through best-practice programs and practices.
The Manager, Talent Attraction will implement BASF’s global employer brand in the North America region, utilizing BASF’s global careers site, related technologies, social media and other marketing avenues to promote BASF as an employer of choice. This individual will also oversee Candidate Care and Candidate Sourcing.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, the Talent Attraction Manager will define and implement innovative talent attraction and employer brand strategies to increase awareness of BASF as an employer of choice and ultimately deliver a high potential and diverse pipeline of candidates. This role will manage a budget and direct the activities of a sourcing, branding and candidate care team with a focus on operational excellence and optimizing performance via innovative technologies and solutions. Our ideal candidate will work to establish and measure KPI’s related to recruitment branding impact, source per hire, cost per hire, candidate experience, time in stage, etc. and place a focus on continuous improvement and delivering ROI for the business.
Formula for Success:
- Lead the design and delivery of BASF’s employer branding and messaging strategy which appropriately represents our employment experience and differentiates BASF as an employer of choice
- Manage the content of the North America global careers website, highlighting the principles of BASF’s employer value proposition through employee participation and candidate interaction
- Manage vendors related to the execution of employer branding initiatives
- Manage our Talent Acquisition social media and digital media strategy through various channels including Facebook, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, jobs2web, BASF US Jobs Facebook page, BASF US Jobs LinkedIn page, Twitter, Instagram, BASF careers website, etc.
- Design and monitor key metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of employment branding efforts, social media and other talent attraction initiatives
- Enhance the employee referral program to maximize usage and appropriately market internally across BASF
- Develop a BASF Alumni group in order to keep lines of communication open with former employees as potential boomerang talent.
- Establish Talent Community Communication Strategy
- Build "BASF brand ambassador" program
- Build relationships with key internal influencers in Marketing, Internal Communication, Advertising, PR and other departments to ensure alignment between teams and strategies
Candidate Sourcing & Candidate Relationship Management
- Manage outsourced sourcing program to ensure a qualified pipeline of candidates, exceeding weekly application goals; oversee implementation of effective sourcing strategies to pipeline top notch external talent
- Manage the external labor market analysis, mapping and talent availability studies to support sourcing strategy development and talent planning
- Work with the unit/site leadership to identify opportunities to host local events with various organizations, i.e. local Diversity Conference chapters, Veteran groups, etc.
- Support TA Director and/or Executive Recruiter with executive level sourcing when needed
- Collaborate with the recruiting team to continually assess the effectiveness of recruiting channels and campaigns; identify top sourcing channels and build strong relationships with vendors to maximize their products and our utilization
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on talent acquisition and digital marketing trends to identify and recommend innovations and new channels to appropriately target top talent
- Define and implement process improvements to enhance the Candidate recruitment experience
- Ensure our careers site provides a best-in-class candidate experience to ensure a high visit to applicant conversion rate
- Conduct regular focus groups with new hire employees to understand the candidate experience. Recommend adjustments and process refinements to improve performance
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in employer branding, candidate engagement and sourcing, CRM design and campaign management
- 5+ years’ experience implementing and managing an RPO relationship/program
- Experience defining and executing attraction, outreach, and lead generation strategies through various channels to meet high volume recruiting objectives
- Substantial experience leveraging social media, community sites, industry groups, and internet sourcing platforms to connect with hard to reach candidates
- Project management experience with an ability to handle complex initiatives, competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Experience leveraging metrics to demonstrate measureable impact of attraction strategies