Purpose of the Job
The Manager, Talent Attraction will implement BASF’s global employer brand in the North America region, utilizing BASF’s global careers site, related technologies, social media and other marketing avenues to promote BASF as an employer of choice. This individual will also oversee Candidate Care and Candidate Sourcing.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, the Talent Attraction Manager will define and implement innovative talent attraction and employer brand strategies to increase awareness of BASF as an employer of choice and ultimately deliver a high potential and diverse pipeline of candidates. This role will manage a budget and direct the activities of a sourcing, branding and candidate care team with a focus on operational excellence and optimizing performance via innovative technologies and solutions. Our ideal candidate will work to establish and measure KPI’s related to recruitment branding impact, source per hire, cost per hire, candidate experience, time in stage, etc. and place a focus on continuous improvement and delivering ROI for the business.Principal ResponsibilitiesEmployer Branding & Social Media
Candidate Sourcing & Candidate Relationship Management
- Lead the design and delivery of BASF’s employer branding and messaging strategy which appropriately represents our employment experience and differentiates BASF as an employer of choice
- Manage the content of the North America global careers website, highlighting the principles of BASF’s employer value proposition through employee participation and candidate interaction
- Manage vendors related to the execution of employer branding initiatives
- Manage our Talent Acquisition social media and digital media strategy through various channels including Facebook, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, jobs2web, BASF US Jobs Facebook page, BASF US Jobs LinkedIn page, Twitter, Instagram, BASF careers website, etc.
- Design and monitor key metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of employment branding efforts, social media and other talent attraction initiatives
- Enhance the employee referral program to maximize usage and appropriately market internally across BASF
- Develop a BASF Alumni group in order to keep lines of communication open with former employees as potential boomerang talent.
- Establish Talent Community Communication Strategy
- Build "BASF brand ambassador" program
- Build relationships with key internal influencers in Marketing, Internal Communication, Advertising, PR and other departments to ensure alignment between teams and strategies
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Manage outsourced sourcing program to ensure a qualified pipeline of candidates, exceeding weekly application goals; oversee implementation of effective sourcing strategies to pipeline top notch external talent
- Manage the external labor market analysis, mapping and talent availability studies to support sourcing strategy development and talent planning
- Work with the unit/site leadership to identify opportunities to host local events with various organizations, i.e. local Diversity Conference chapters, Veteran groups, etc.
- Support TA Director and/or Executive Recruiter with executive level sourcing when needed
- Collaborate with the recruiting team to continually assess the effectiveness of recruiting channels and campaigns; identify top sourcing channels and build strong relationships with vendors to maximize their products and our utilization
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on talent acquisition and digital marketing trends to identify and recommend innovations and new channels to appropriately target top talent
- Define and implement process improvements to enhance the Candidate recruitment experience
- Ensure our careers site provides a best-in-class candidate experience to ensure a high visit to applicant conversion rate
- Conduct regular focus groups with new hire employees to understand the candidate experience. Recommend adjustments and process refinements to improve performance
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in employer branding, candidate engagement and sourcing, CRM design and campaign management
- 5+ years’ experience implementing and managing an RPO relationship/program
- Experience defining and executing attraction, outreach, and lead generation strategies through various channels to meet high volume recruiting objectives
- Substantial experience leveraging social media, community sites, industry groups, and internet sourcing platforms to connect with hard to reach candidates
- Project management experience with an ability to handle complex initiatives, competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Experience leveraging metrics to demonstrate measureable impact of attraction strategies
As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.