The myHR Shared Service Center is the face of Corporate HR Services to all Employees, Managers and the HR team in North America. As a single point of contact, we aim to provide accurate answers, consistent and professional service, and timely resolution to HR and pay-related inquiries and issues. This position resides within the Payroll area and supports payments to all employees located in the US and Canada.Purpose of the Job
Manage the BASF US multi-state and country payroll processing for North America, (U.S. & Canada) for approximately 16,500 employees leveraging an “in-house” HR system. Will be responsible for supervising a team of 5 covering US, Puerto Rico and Canadian Payrolls. . Responsible for payroll compliance and data controls to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing. Work closely with the broader payroll team, myHR shared services team, technical support team and other BASF departments for accurate management of data interfaced to payroll and payroll system updates.Principal Responsibilities
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of the payroll processing and support staff: (2 exempt, 3 non-exempt)
- Supervise payroll workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner.
- Oversee payroll compliance to ensure accurate statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Review and improve payroll policies and procedures
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements
- Collaborate effectively with overall myHR Shared Services team to improve process optimization and effectiveness
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Supervise and resolve issues relating to payroll production
- Performance management and development of payroll staff
- Supervise projects as required. (e.g. Technical payroll system upgrades, Mergers & Acquisition payroll integrations, process optimization, etc.)
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
- BA/BS degree in HR/Payroll or related field and a minimum 5+ years of progressive work experience
- OR 8+ years of progress HR experience without a degree.
- BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) is a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in successfully supervising complex payroll processes for a large company (for example; multi state payrolls, unions etc.)
- Broader HR experience a plus
- Large scale, high quality data management experience
- Experience with HR systems and technology (e.g. SAP – HR, case management, Time & attendance, etc.)
- Knowledge of ensuring compliance in a field with complex US federal and state regulations
- Effective problem solving skills and designing efficient streamlined processes.
- Ability to clearly formulate and communicate policies
- Demonstrated technical skills in HR/Payroll system, General ledger & Excel
- High attention to detail and demonstrated ability to interpret information to identify problems and solutions, handle ambiguity and change, as well as explore cause and effect relationships between aspects of issues and proposed solutions.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive data
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.