This position is responsible for ensuring that the Casting processes are performed in compliance with the methods, materials and equipment specifications as detailed in the corporate manual.
- Approve all new and revised instructions in the Casting area.
- Ensure and audit compliance to Department Activity Instruction, Corporate manual requirements and SOP’s.
- Responsible for determination of the root cause of any deviation from critical process specifications and provide technical support to Process Engineering to resolve cast related issues.
- Responsible for performing deviation investigation, creating/updating necessary work Instructions/procedures, identifying and implementing appropriate corrective actions and change controls.
- Responsible for reporting the critical process status on daily and monthly basis to the Corporate Casting Business Unit Casting Owner.
- Responsible for control and approval of all casting Product Criteria routines
- Responsible for qualifying new furnace builds, re-builds and improvements per corporate standards prior to production release
- Responsible for daily interface and communication of issues with manufacturing, maintenance, facilities personnel responsible for the casting areas
- Responsible for understanding downstream product quality as it relates to casting and react appropriately to observed conditions.
- Institute proper project monitoring, follow up and feedback system to insure financial and contract targets are met. (yields, rework).
- Foster continuous improvement utilizing Process management designed experiments, IPM and SPC, Cpk
- Work on cross-functional teams to accomplish department and Plant goals.
- Demonstrates considerable ingenuity and creativity while recognizing prudent risk.
- As a recognized expert in the casting process technology area, provide technical guidance to management and peers in areas of current or potential needs of the plant.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in an engineering role within a manufacturing environment.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelors in Mechanical or Materials Science Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience in investment casting
- Black belt/Green belt certification
- Knowledge of statistical software (Minitab, JMP)
- Knowledge of programming software (SQL, Visual Basic)
- Project Management experience
Not ready to apply?