Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Managing Consultant, Business Development - Financial Institutions
Mastercard Advisors, the professional services arm of Mastercard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, information and risk management services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, Mastercard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances MasterCard's strategic and tactical performance and establishes Mastercard's global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
• Lead sales calls and new client development across all three lines of Advisors Business for an assigned set of accounts
• Deliver against sales targets for existing accounts and/or contribute to Mastercard Worldwide deal bids
• Capture senior and mid-level clients’ implicit business needs in addition to articulated requests, and identify most critical aspects of the problem
• Translate objectives into key hypotheses and structure work for large/complex projects or ill-defined problems
• Contribute to formal and informal pitches, from “storyboarding” through face-to-face presentation
• Create succinct, persuasive written materials tailored to the “level” of the audience
• Contribute to project delivery, quickly identifying shortcomings in projects and take remedial action
• Manage complete capture of assignment knowledge and drive to ensure it is available firm-wide (knowledge management)
• Contribute as a thought leader to the development of intellectual capital, point of views, articles, and blogs
• Leverage deep knowledge of all the Mastercard Advisors capabilities and how they fit together to offer new innovative solutions
All About You
• Previous relevant experience with a consulting firm or in an advisory capacity with a marketing services company is required.
• Undergraduate degree required
• MBA or relevant post graduate degree recommended
• Demonstrates the ability to initiate and develop a sale
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills, including ability to frame the customer’s opportunity in financial terms (i.e. value quantification)
• Ability to think from the perspective of the customer
• Previous experience with payments is an asset
Equal Opportunity Employer