Responsible for the performance of any/all functions involved in the install, maintenance and upgrade of new or existing applications on Linux systems. Also responsible for translating business needs into
technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned
application of information technology.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Must have strong understanding of Linux operating system and system architecture and at least 10 years of experience in supporting 100+ servers running custom tools. Provide Linux server(s) install, management, configuration and support in a critical production environment and setup/maintain hardware and network equipment. Monitor production applications on Linux and troubleshoot performance and availability issues per the SLA. Work with support teams for hardware replacement, patching, vendor discussions, root cause analysis etc. Work with Dev/test and other support team to identify and resolve issues with application and its functioning.
This is a very dynamic role and the ideal person will be able to handle multiple priorities in a business critical and high performance area. The candidate must be a self-starter and a problem solver.
KNOWLEDGE Subject Matter Expert (SME) within own discipline/specialty area; basic knowledge of other disciplines/specialty areas. Deep technical knowledge. Applies in depth knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards/processes. Integrates industry experience and deep professional/technical knowledge. Technical leader and recognized SME expert on select AT&T technologies/systems/procedures.ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Solves unique problems through evaluative judgment/precedent. Independently applies sophisticated analysis in evaluating issues. Develops new concepts/methods/techniques for cross functional initiatives. Recognizes/pursues alternative methods.INDEPENDENCE Guided by department goals/objectives. Exercises latitude in determining objectives/approaches to projects. Leads multiple small to medium sized projects and technical breadth.CONTRIBUTION TO AT&T TECHNOLOGY Key contributor on complex projects/initiatives. Impacts current and future business opportunities through application of specialized technical/ industry knowledge. Develops methods/techniques based on strategic project objectives.COMMUNICATION Mentors and provides technical guidance and explains advanced concepts to others in work area. May mentor others in department. Coordinates across multiple departments. Promotes active listening and open communication. Provides leadership/guidance to others.
Required Qualifications -
- 5-8 years related systems engineering/administration experience.
- Linux administration experience
- AIC Cloud/OpenStack and Storage/Network experience
- Proficient in Network Management, Tools and Protocols (Configuration, IP Network Address Management, Performance Management).
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure (including blade center design, data warehouse design, Ebusiness/web hosting design, etc.)
- Proficient in data communications protocols (TCP/IP, v4/v6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, GMPLS, etc.)
- Proficient in home and premise networking architectures, assessment and modeling.
- Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs.
- Understands Virtualization, Storage and Content Deliver Networks (Cloud, CDM, Grid, SAN).
- Knowledge in voice, video, and app technologies (circuit, VoIP, SIP, IMS, AIN, Camel, etc.).
- Understands wireless technologies standards and protocols (3GPP, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, antennas, amplifiers, base stations, propagation, interference, spectrum).
- Education: Preferred Masters of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nano degree; or equivalent experience.
- Experience in building multiple versions of large customer facing systems addressing performance and scale.
- Develops technical documentation on applications and systems
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams