Autotrader, a division of Cox Automotive, seeks a Senior Project Manager for the Atlanta, Georgia or Irvine, California office.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for successful project coordination and management, including on-time/on-budget management of medium to large scale projects. They must have a thorough understanding of Project Management concepts and techniques and should have the skills to estimate, establish priority, define, plan and execute the activities necessary to reach the project objectives.
- Work closely and interact directly with Cox Auto Media’s business owners and project team to identify, rationalize and document business requirements; then design and document practical, useful, and cost effective solutions.
- Build strong working partnerships with project sponsors and shares expertise.
- Work with project managers to manage individual work load and assist with defining and prioritizing project tasks.
- Work effectively on multiple assignments, activities or projects.
- Develop, assemble and maintain a library of model documents, templates, best practices, and other re-usable knowledge assets.
- Ability to manage medium to large size projects with little to no oversight.
- Work closely with business owners and other staff to understand business requirements and facilitate successful implementation.
- Effectively communicate project status to management and keep business stakeholders informed of project status and all related issues.
- Manage and control changes in project scope while communicating impact to management and team.
- Identify, communicate and manage risks that may interfere with project execution or success.
- Provide holistic view of project while managing trade-offs, dependencies and cross project alignment.
- Make improvement recommendations that assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experiences.
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of Cox Auto Media’s applications, customer and business units across multiple functional areas.
- Experience in the full project life cycle, including analysis, design, development, delivery and post-delivery support.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required (MBA or another advanced degree preferred).
Minimum 7 years of business experience in relevant functional areas required.
3-5 years of project management experience in delivering medium to large scale projects.
Experience managing and directing employees, contractors and consultants in a project team setting.
Experience writing, tracking and communicating detailed project plans.
Experience in writing and/or reviewing business specifications, technical specifications, and other project documentation.
- Clear and effective written, verbal and listening skills.
Key Factors for Success:
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, Xtime® and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.Organization:
Strong organizational skills with the ability to interact with business leaders to scope and structure projects.
Proven at building relationships and partnering with cross-functional teams.
Strong communicator with the ability to disseminate key information and findings to Sponsors and a broader stakeholder group.
- Experienced project management skills with the ability to drive recommendations through implementation and results.
Cox AutomotivePrimary Location:
US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit BlvdEmployee Status:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule: