Autotrader, a division of Cox Automotive, seeks a Senior Program Manager for the Atlanta, Georgia or Irvine, California office.
Program Managers are responsible for successful on-time/on-budget coordination and management of large-scale programs. Program Managers must have a thorough understanding of Program & Project Management concepts and techniques and will evaluate project feasibility, establish priority, and define, plan and execute the activities necessary to reach the business objectives. The candidate must have demonstrated experience in successfully managing and delivering multi-project, enterprise efforts. The role relies upon experience in relationship management, financial management, risk management, master plan management, communications, and delivery execution. The successful candidate will have experience in choosing the right program delivery model and success in leading a multi-year, enterprise, cross business unit program.
Prepare & Maintain the Program Plan
- Participate in long-term and short-term program development and planning
- Establish and maintain a tight working partnership with business owners, executives and program teams to rationalize business objectives & business priorities.
- Establish a master plan framework for program tracking and control including processes for management of the program
- Translate program objectives into integrated plans, schedules and budgets
- Establish tracking and roll-up of project milestones and metrics for program level status reporting
- Establish and manage stakeholder expectations and revise plans and shift priorities, as needed and in conjunction with all participating parties, to ensure successful completion of the program
- Assists in defining the strategic objectives for programs.
- Assists in identifying Executive Sponsors and/or Business Owners for the Program
- Maintain a working knowledge of Media Solutions Group applications, product suites, customers, and reporting capabilities, as well as baseline knowledge of Enterprise and other Cox Auto Groups.
Provide Leadership & Direction for the Program Team
- Lead and direct large programs and initiatives in support of Cox Auto Media’s strategic objectives. Programs will often include teams from Technology, Sales, Marketing, Service, Product, Finance, HR and Training. Programs can also cross into other Cox Auto Groups.
- Simultaneously manage work across multiple threads of the the Program Management Framework, which includes business requirements & process definition and alignment, applications development, data conversions, systems coordination, communications, training, end user adoption (including training and change management), and benefits realization.
- Communicate the program objectives, priorities and direction to all stakeholders.
- Build and motivate the program teams.
- Ensure planned, regular, and effective communication of status, issues, risks, and actions among all persons and parties involved in the program
- Assist with major decisions about resources, goals, and standards and assuring that all parties involved understand and incorporate within their delivery responsibilities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key executives and 3rd party vendors.
- Establishes and manages a program level change control process that allows for submission of changes and impact assessment of changes.
- Continuously monitor development process and proactively work to identify and resolve issues within the projects and across programs.
- Ensure appropriate project documentation is produced and achieved on internal storage tool and intranet sites.
Obtain and Manage Program Resources
- Manage project managers assigned to program
- Coordinate project staffing and assist with decisions about key program staff - competency, fit, capability, and performance
- Ensure coordination of systems acquisition and distribution
- Ensure adequate staff training and mentoring
- Assist with selection of Subject Matter Experts and 3rd Party Vendors
- Manage team workload, assist with the definition and prioritization of upcoming projects, define appropriate staffing, and develop and manage project budgets.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to PM staff and department staff to collectively build capabilities.
The candidate must have exceptional problem solving and decision making skills and must demonstrate the ability to use a logical, systematic and creative approaches to problem solving. All candidates must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The Program Manager must be able to maintain an active relationship with employees and provide mentoring, motivating, guiding and counseling as necessary. The Program Manager will have frequent leadership interactions with senior executives and must have a well-developed sense of strategy and timing as well as excellent verbal, written, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical, business, or management from a four-year college or university required. (Masters degree preferred).
- Minimum 10+ years of program management experience in delivering large-scale projects; experience must cover all phases of a project lifecycle (Discovery, Definition/Design, Development/Testing, Delivery and Post-Implementation Support).
- Demonstrated experience leading and directing large teams consisting of resources from across the enterprise, including Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Technology and HR.
- Demonstrated experience managing and directing employees, contractors and/or consultants in a matrix team setting.
- Demonstrated experience of managing programs over $1M.
- Strong relationship building skills with senior executives across various departments.
- Proven ability to build successful teams including recruiting and hiring.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation, organizational & interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills; frequent interactions with senior level internal customers.
- Experience in writing, reviewing and managing business specifications, technical specifications, project plans, training plans, communication plans, and other related project documentation.
- Ability to understand, interpret, manage and communicate technical and business team’s needs, concerns, risk, issues and collisions across all departments.
- Experience in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating complex team efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating program team members to complete tasks efficiently.
- Experience applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio) required.
- PMP or PgMP certification a plus, but not required.
- Experience with major consulting firms a plus.
Key Factors for Success:
Strong organizational skills with the ability to interact with senior business leaders to scope and structure key strategy initiatives
Proven at building relationships and partnering with cross-functional teams
Strong communicator with the ability to disseminate key information and findings to Sponsors and a broader stakeholder group
- Experienced project management skills with the ability to drive recommendations through implementation and results
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, Xtime® and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.Organization:
Cox AutomotivePrimary Location:
US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit BlvdEmployee Status:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule: