Senior Manager, IndependenceRequisition Number:
Business Support ServicesArea of Interest:
The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager, to join our Audit Independence Organization.
- Acquire and apply specialist-level knowledge of auditor Independence regulations, including those established by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Interact with partners and engagement teams to provide Independence policy guidance and to resolve questions regarding the application of professional Independence standards
- Provide advice regarding scope of service, affiliate, business relationship, and other Independence regulations by communicating effectively to senior and junior personnel, modifying content and delivery for the audience
- Employ research, critical thinking and analytical skills to evaluate the Firm's Independence/relationships with respect to existing and prospective audit clients
- Define and write policies, guidance and procedures, and coordinate with colleagues to help ensure their consistent application.
- Manage projects on ad hoc and on-going bases; identify and implement process enhancements and improvements
- Minimum ten years of client service delivery experience in a large professional services firm or similar environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Master's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Experience responding to complex inquiries, performing research, analyzing data, identifying potential issues, making a decision, and documenting results/findings to support conclusions
- Ability to apply subject matter specialization to train stakeholders regarding Independence policies, processes and information systems
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and synthesize large volumes of information to perform due diligence, compare and contrast nuanced fact sets, and recognize subtle differences and similarities in scenarios
- Ability to build relationships, networks, and credibility with numerous constituents
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please.GL: