New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Responsible for system-level testing of software platforms and infrastructure, through writing test plans, testing specifications and certifying requirements. Provides leadership in Quality Assurance expertise in testing, implementing, supporting and maintaining the complex Cisco VoIP, speech analytics, Verint Application Suites, IVR call Routing in both QA and Production and the VDA environment for the Insurance Operations Department. Interact with customers and Systems department personnel to design, develop and maintain business applications that effectively support the NYL/Tampa Operations business customers. Detail and document performance impacts utilizing Verint Screen and Call Recording and other tools to gather call level analytics. Develop UAT test plans, estimates, schedules, coordinate plans and report status with limited supervision for project work related to the NYL/Tampa Operations business. Provide backup to fulfill Department Security liaison responsibilities with the Information Security/Systems Department. Assume ownership of smaller projects in order to gain proficiency. Flexible work hours. Must be available to provide QA testing and production validation on some nights and weekends as needed.
-Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
-Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate these immediately to developers and/or management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, document and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Production Validation of Phoenix - Deployments: Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly
- Production Validation of Process Flow - Deployments: Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly
- QA Lab and Production Validation of Enterprise Web Services deployments, Quarterly
- DPA/API Call Tagging Testing
- UAT Testing of the Applications - Phoenix / Process Flow, INTERACT
- UAT of production applications in the VDA environment
- Test, verify and document changes to Visio IVR routing documents
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Participation in the Agile Methodology software process to ensure that software is error free prior to being implemented in the Production environment.
- Perform gap analysis and recommend process improvements.
-Write and perform edits of business requirements and/or including test plans for projects
- Analyze new and existing Systems projects and sign off on functional and business requirement documents. Facilitate change orders as appropriate to ensure expected benefits for the business. Prepare detailed system test cases that adequately represent the applicable business area.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering system limitations, operation limitations, and formulate a desired result. Conduct production release testing and liaison with Systems.
- Maintain working knowledge of all IOS applications, assist with trouble shooting and testing.
- Business Continuity coordinator for IOS - update DR Plan, attend meetings, and update LDRPS
- Participate in technical and business projects for Sales and Services including as DSL in the Employee Hiring Team meeting responsible for Onboarding and Offboarding for Sales and Service, and the IOS departments (New Business, Claims, Premium Accounting, Facilities, Executive office).
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.