Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Analyst, Strategy and Corporate Development
• Based in Purchase, NY, the Analyst, Strategy & Corporate Development will be part of the Strategy and Corporate Development team within Worldwide Finance and will report to the Senor Business Leader, Strategic Initiatives.
• The Strategy & Corporate Development Team plays a leading role in developing and driving MasterCard’s organic and inorganic growth agenda. This includes research on payments industry developments and trends, assisting Business Units with strategy development, evaluating potential areas for acquisition or investment (including market spaces that are adjacent to MasterCard’s current business), and establishing best practice to optimize the business performance of acquired entities.
• Works across the Strategy & Corporate Development team, playing a key support role in developing frameworks and analyses to structure and solve business problems and prioritize corporate initiatives.
• Performs research on payments industry players and maintains business landscape knowledge to provide solid foundational context for projects.
• Assists senior management in identifying key issues, evaluating options, and developing action plans; drives rigorous, fact-based recommendations.
• Analyzes and evaluates market adjacencies and white spaces for potential investment based on the company’s strategic priorities.
All About You
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. economics, business, engineering, math, etc.).
• Prior management consulting, strategy, corporate development or competitive intelligence experience preferred.
• Exposure to one of the following areas: financial services, payments, financial technology, e-commerce or related areas a plus.
• Cross-functional and multi-national business experience a plus.
• Superior research skills and ability to succinctly summarize findings.
• Ability to strategically frame challenges and opportunities.
• Strong quantitative/analytical and problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented with excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer