DescriptionThe Job:As an experienced Scrum Master in our Lake Success, NY office, you will have the opportunity to be a part of an elite scrum team working in a collaborative environment. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams across the organization – moving impediments out of the way on your own teams and participating in Scrum adoption across the enterprise. You will also be leading the team to develop new products and services that will revolutionize how cars are purchased.
As part of an Agile/Scrum team, the Scrum Master performs the critical role of Servant-Leader to the team. The Scrum Master uses their skills of collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and coaching to support the development of our software applications, removing impediments while promoting the team’s self-management and continuous improvement.
QualificationsWhat We look For:
- Act as servant-leader to an agile team; removing impediments and ensuring team productivity.
- Empower teams to self-organize.
- Lead by example, demonstrating and upholding scrum principles.
- Protect the team from outside interference, removing impediments, and ensuring that the work is delivered as a team.
- Organize and facilitate scrum ceremonies, ensuring usefulness and adherence to scrum practice.
- Ensure team delivering stories such that they meet the definition of done.
- Lead team retrospectives and ensure key learning is incorporated into next sprint.
- Coach team members to uphold scrum principles.
- Cultivate and environment of trust, good faith, empowerment and creativity.
- Facilitate discussions and conflict resolution.
- Track team delivery on commitments through the use of burndown charts and other visual methods.
- Produce and post sprint plans and otherwise act as an information radiator.
- Track team velocity to ensure accuracy of future planning.
- Work with the Product Owner to understand the business priorities and items to be groomed in upcoming sprints.
- Ensure Product Owner is informed if changes occur that impact delivery to the business.
- Work with other Scrum Masters to ensure alignment of priorities and that dependencies are delivered in the appropriate sprints to support other teams’ delivery commitments.
- Actively participate in activities related to agile adoption across the organization.
- Drive weekly backlog grooming sessions with the team, ensuring work items are estimated and ‘ready-for-work’ per the Product Owners priorities.
- Provide input to and participate in Release Planning.
- Coordinate release planning with other Scrum teams throughout the organization.
- Lead Sprint Planning sessions ensuring the commitments made are appropriate and uphold scrum principles.
- Assertiveness – able to achieve goals of the team by actively driving to resolution of issues, holding team accountable to their actions and commitments
- Servant-Leader – exhibits the servant-as-leader behaviors of coaching, service to the team, and empowerment of the team to come up with solutions to their problems.
- Self-motivated - capable of managing multiple priorities with little instruction or oversight.
- Collaboration – exhibits ability to work with and through others to achieve shared goals.
- Social – takes an interest in and exhibits socials skills to enhance team bonding.
- Communication skills – maintains frequent and effective communication within and across teams.
- Flexibility – ability to adapt to frequent changes within the scrum framework and principles.
- Organization – ability to organize meetings, reviews, retrospectives and other scrum ceremonies.
- Facilitation – ability to facilitate meetings, drawing out key concerns and issues to ensure the principle of continuous improvement.
- Tracking – ability to track team progress and velocity using various methods including charts, graphs, etc.
- High-energy – shows enthusiasm and displays energy to take on daily issues and bring them to conclusion on behalf of the team.
- Agile Practices – expert understanding of Scrum practices and related agile tools and techniques. Understanding of scaled Agile environments.
- Software Development – basic understanding of the fundamentals of software development and the software development lifecycle.
- College education in computer science or 3 years working in a software development environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting a team as a Scrum Master.
- Experience working in an iterative Development environment, utilizing Scrum practices.
- Must have technical background and good knowledge of end to end process of the SDLC.
- Experience with XP development practices
- Experience with Scrum, Lean and/or XP inspired practices required
- Experience with continuous delivery preferred.
- Experience with SAFE
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional DesignationsOne or more of the following relevant Agile certifications is required
Why Cox AutomotiveCox Automotive, Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim¨, Autotrader¨, Kelley Blue Book¨, Dealertrack¨, vAuto¨, Xtime¨, NextGear Capital¨ and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.Organization:
Cox AutomotivePrimary Location:
US-NY-Lake Success-1111 Marcus AvenueEmployee Status: