Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Product Management & Development
Product Manager - Consumer Lending
The Product Manager II is responsible for the continuous improvement and end to end management of assigned Company products, services and programs including features, benefits and characteristics that meet customer needs and are priced to meet the Company profit and loss objectives.Job Requirements
• Serves as an expert providing a foundation of knowledge to guide decisions throughout the product definition and launch
• Determines effective ways to deliver a complete solution to an identified product problem and looks for ways to fill gaps. Performs objective analysis of potential market opportunities and articulates learning's to quantify the risk, including a financial model.
• Designs, maintains and enhances the Company's existing and new product line pricing structures, strategies and tactics to meet changing environment, customer preference and revenue targets
• Ensures prices and programs comply with Company pricing strategy and constantly monitor profitability and key drivers taking action as necessary to improve results
• Develops analytical processes and evaluates pricing data on a daily basis
• Implements pricing processes for modeling, volume forecasting and measurement to identify key performance indicators. Develops tools and models that would allow testing of price elasticity. Works with Research and Risk management to ensure profitability goals, customer needs and that credit decisions optimize risk/rewards.
• Manages the product management budget for specific products to ensure objectives can be achieved within budget and meets or exceeds profit and loss goals. Identifies changes in expenses and works to manage them to meet revenue goals.
• Evaluates the presence and relative importance of key product deliverables. Establishes annual business and expense plans for each product and monitors results adjusting the plan to meet the changing environment and budget targets as necessary.
• Becomes the expert on the financial/banking market and its customer needs. Describes the Company's unique ability to deliver value while differentiating itself from competitive offerings. Ensures continuous growth of self and staff.
• Leads conversion efforts of products, services, programs and offers of acquired company into overall Company product offerings. May personally lead more complex projects involving necessary key business partners and personnel from acquired company, ensuring smooth transition.
• Ensures training is designed through the training department and others to educate appropriate staff on re-engineered or new products to support effective introductions of new initiatives.
• Ensures all products are in compliance and meet all regulatory requirements.Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• MBA preferred
• 7+ years related experience required
• Travel may be required
• Demonstrated experience and success in product design in a financial/banking environment
• Strong communication, problem-solving and decision making skills with ability to effectively communicate with senior managers
• Demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative business relationships
• Proven ability to negotiate and apply skills to exercise influence over others decisions without express authority and influence change
• Demonstrated experience in project management and building project plans and presentations
• Proven understanding of product pricing and financial statements
• Ability to think both tactically and strategically moving through both fluidly
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Experience with Unsecured or Cards preferred
• Data, analytical and reporting experience required
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Career Advice from DiversityInc