At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!Where the Chemistry Happens…We are seeking a Procurement Agent to join the Midwest/Northeast Hub Procurement team. Procurement Agent (1700773) Formula for Success: You Will…
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
- Serve as the Procurement Agent/Site Account Manager for multiple manufacturing sites:
- Perform all aspects of procurement for construction, maintenance, engineering and facility services for assigned sites
- Account Planning / Target Setting
- Sourcing / RFQ
- Contract negotiation
- Contract Management
- Develop business KPIs to ensure terms and conditions are met
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Interface with suppliers for understanding of service capabilities and resolution of disputes
- Act as primary contact for internal Business Partners (iBP) at Sites
- Frequent interaction with the site leadership is expected
- Interact with production, engineering and maintenance departments to coordinate technical specifications, approved suppliers, project schedules, etc.
- Understand iBP needs and drive development of Site Account Plans and Site Activity Plans (joint target setting)
- Consistently challenge the status quo in an effort to identify opportunities (savings, innovation, process improvements, etc.) in collaboration with the sites.
- Support the Category Buyers (GCBs/GCMs) by providing input on market conditions and supply sources for the development and implementation of the category strategies
- Coordinate small CAPEX projects in alignment with relevant Category Buyers
- Act as contact for local compliance issues and ensure compliance with local regulations contractual terms are protecting BAS
- Interact with other BASF functions such as Legal, Insurance and Tax to ensure
Ingredients for Success: What we look for in you.....
- SAP Proficiency preferred
- MBA preferred
- Strong negotiations experience a plus
- Experience developing or implementing an Account Plan is desired
- Demonstrated achievement of results including but not limited to generation of savings, value creation and managing supplier relationships strongly preferred