At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… We are seeking a Project Management Officer to support project managers in the regional area they are assigned.Project Manager Officer/ Project Manager (1701097) – Florham Park, NJ You will execute and improve processes, tools and services designed to support Project Managers in the delivery of IS projects as well as different delivery units and Management level with reports and evaluations. You will support Delivery Project Managers with guidance on the PMO owned processes, tools and reports. Major PMO process / tool areas include BASF Project Management Framework (BPMF), Project Reporting Platform (PRP), Project Approval Process, Project Resource Management, Stage Gate Compliance and Lessons Learned. Formula for Success: You Will…
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
- Provide wide and deep knowledge of PMO respectively PLC processes and sub-processes as well as related PM processes.
- Serve as primary contact point for Delivery Project Managers in the region on PMO-related questions or requests.
- Work in a globally distributed PMO team to drive the continuous improvement of PMO owned processes and tools as well as the cooperation with other units.
- Contribute to proposals and / or implementations of new PMO processes and tools.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is required with preference in Applied Sciences (Information Technologies, Business IT, Business Administration) or Engineering.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working in an applied science area.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience as a Project Manager.
- Professional Management Institute certification is preferred; must have a good overview of Project Management and Project Management Office related processes and tools.
- Strong background of the IS project delivery and a broad view of corporate functions is desired.
- Good communication and presentation skills; good organizational awareness
- Ability to collaborate for achievement