Location: Winston-Salem, NC
The Technician serves as a part of the healthcare team at Novant Health and collaborates with other team members, to provide optimal care. Technician accepts responsibility, authority, and accountability for management and provision of care in accordance with the current policies and procedures.
- Education: High school diploma required. Associates degree in pharmacy technology or job related associates degree or higher. Pharmacy Technician Training Certificate from an approved program. Pharmacy Technician Training Certificate from an approved program preferred.
- Experience: One year relevant experience and meet requirements for Tech 1 Career Ladder in appropriate market/state preferred.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current registry with applicable State Board(s) of Pharmacy or must be completed within 30 days of hire. PTCB cert, proof of enrollment or FPGE Exam required.
- Additional skills required: State Registration and/or evidence of renewal is required for both Pharmacists and Technicians fifteen days prior to expiration and Technicians are required to be either certified through Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), or have a Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) score >85% (less than 2 years old), or be active in Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE) or Foreign Pharmacy Equivalency Certification (FPGEC). Considerable knowledge and application of basic math skills, including ratio and proportion relationships; familiarity with keyboard; extensive ability to communicate accurately and effectively under pressure; good written communication skills, ability to comprehend and follow verbal instructions.
- Additional skills preferred: Valid State Driver License may be required by facility.