The Management Consulting and Strategy (MCS) group is Arconic’s internal strategy consulting group. MCS is a ~40-person strong team established by the CEO and accountable for leading and guiding implementation of Arconic's three strategic priorities to drive profitable growth as defined by the CEO and the Executive Council. To succeed in its mission, MCS:
- Generates insight into Arconic’s businesses, markets, competitors, and customers through fact-based analysis
- Develops solutions to key strategic questions by working closely with Arconic business units (BUs) and corporate resource units, or functions (RUs)
- Proactively identifies core business issues and priorities that help inform and shape the senior leadership dialogue across Arconic
*NOTE - This position can based in either New York City or Pittsburgh, PA*
MCS is a dynamic team. We work at a fast pace on challenging business problems. Our work is completely based around an ever-changing mix of projects, and the team is continually evolving. This dynamic nature defines the culture of the group.
The role of the Operations Analyst is to provide management and analytical support, as well as general operations support, to the VP of MCS, the MCS Lead Team, and individual project teams. MCS is a large team, with a complex and ever-changing portfolio of work. In many respects, it resembles a small, standalone management consulting business with a P&L. MCS runs according to a set of well-defined processes and metrics. Ensuring that these processes are adhered to requires dedicated focus and monitoring. Similarly, analyzing and monitoring our business and operational metrics to ensure that the organization runs smoothly and that the management team makes the right decisions requires dedicated focus.
The Operations Analyst performs the following functions, among others:Lead Team Support:
Recruiting and People Processes:
- Maintain the MCS project and proposal pipeline and ensure it is up-to-date
- Monitor and manage project staffing of our team members; keep track of new and expiring projects, help identify staff with appropriate backgrounds
- Attend Lead Team meetings, manage the agenda, and track / ensure completion of Lead Team action items
- Ensure that all activities tied to project kick-off and closeout are being consistently performed by each project team. This includes:
- Establishment and capture of project kickoff charters
- Kickstarting and closeout of the EOP (project team member performance review) process
- Managing the chargeback process for revenue recovery
- Ensuring that knowledge management and capture is actively being performed at the conclusion of each project
- MCS VP Support: Provides research, collection of departmental data and produces reports (monthly and ad hoc) to department Leadership on the health of the business (financials, operational metrics)
- Responsibilities include management of tracking documentation for all recruitment levels, moderation of interview debrief calls and compilation of feedback, maintenance of relationship with the TA COE for positive exposure of MCS
- Onboarding - Kicks off activities associated with new hires or transfers into MCS planning their onboarding schedules for the first few weeks on payroll. Coordinates with building and facilities, human resources, IT, T&E to ensure employees are well prepared for day one and beyond
- Supports the planning, logistics and execution of the two annual MCS offsite trainings.
- SharePoint administration - Maintains multiple SharePoint in support of Recruitment, Training, MCS Knowledge tree and the Lead Team
- Procurement support - sets up PO's and payment of invoices for periodic group- and project-level one-time items
- Provide general support to the project teams
Subject to the candidate’s capabilities, additional responsibilities may be added. There will also be ongoing opportunities to shape and evolve the role. Strong initiative from the candidate is encouraged.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- A high level of energy and a positive attitude
- A strong customer mindset
- An extremely high level of attention to detail and a passion for improving processes
- An interest in developing an understanding of our business and learning new things
- A strong execution focus – reliably completes work promptly and on time; systematic follow-through on all tasks and requests without being prompted
- Excellent planning, prioritization, multi-tasking, organization, and coordination skills
- A high level of initiative and desire to have an impact and add value, including the ability to anticipate needs and proactively offer solutions (e.g., alternative approaches to analyzing / reporting the business)
- A desire to seek and respond to constructive feedback; and, in general, a high level of comfort with strong two-way communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years business experience, (examples include analyst, coordinator, administrator or assistant that has done analysis)
- Minimum 2 years of PowerPoint and Excel experience, specifically with pivot tables, conditional formatting, and data filtering
- Minimum 1 year of basic quantitative analysis experience (e.g., calculations of percentages from data sets)
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Not ready to apply?