We are looking for an experienced risk management professional to partner with Insurance Brokerage and Consulting (IBC) leadership in managing Business Strategy and the Customer / Client Experience. The successful candidate will provide risk consulting across: Industry verticals, Risk Management Hubs, Client deepening strategies, Client Experience (customized sales & service), Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Customer-facing materials, business strategy, incentive sales compensation, and operational analytics support. Partnerships will include executive & senior leaders, direct managers, and SMEs for the management of financial, Legal, E&O, human capital and reputational risks.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Proactive risk consulting on formal projects, strategic initiatives and ad-hoc engagements:
- Understand the end-to-end current state business process, including associated regulatory and operational risks
- Educate the business to ensure understanding of the policy/regulatory requirements and related risks
- Accurately and timely identify risk concerns/gaps; effectively analyze for root causes
- Communicate effectively with the business and escalate when appropriate
- Collaborate with the business to problem solve, identify and implement strong controls/future state processes that effectively mitigate risk while driving for efficiency
- Ensure control breakdowns are addressed comprehensively and timely, escalating as necessary
- Execute monitoring and prepare oversight reports/dashboards to key leadership
- Execute risk assessments and actively participate in the product and service risk management process for IBC
- Understand the business processes, risks and controls within the business; perform risk assessments and provide feedback
- Identify emerging risks; understand the impact to the business and consult with them to ensure appropriate changes and controls are implemented
- Support regulatory monitoring and assist the business with identifying gaps and action plans to address
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- An AA/AS degree or higher
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Commercial P&C Insurance and/or Employee Benefits experience
- Proven experience and strong competencies conducting risk and process assessments
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and understanding of initiatives and processes from planning through implementation
- Regulatory risk management experience
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, including data analysis of trends as well as root cause identification of issues identified
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment with multiple priorities and strict timelines and organize for responsiveness and efficiency
- Ability to influence and create an environment that fosters collaboration and credible challenge across multiple levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work within a team environment as well as individual accountability
- Exposure to Wells Fargo Risk Management and Issue Management tools
- Process improvement and change management experience – Six Sigma training/certification or equivalent
- Business Analyst experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.