International Risk Oversight is part of the Enterprise Operational Risk Group providing risk management and oversight for all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions with activities outside the United States. The International Third Party Risk Oversight team within International Risk Oversight assists with interpretation and application of the Third Party Service Provider Policy and Procedures in the non-US regions, as well as non-U.S. third party/outsourcing-related regulatory requirements and guidance. This role will be responsible for providing support as well as monitoring and oversight of the Regulatory and Policy Proponent Standards to fulfill International Risk Oversight’s role as a proponent for non-US Third Party and Outsourcing-related policy, laws and regulations. Additionally, the qualified candidate will be responsible for conducting horizontal reviews for each line of business, analyzing results, and reporting on findings. The position will be responsible for determining an annual residual risk rating and critically challenging the businesses’ control effectiveness throughout the process.
The preferred candidate possesses operational risk subject matter expertise and enterprise-level operational risk experience to be able to interact with multiple and complex lines of business and support functions to critically evaluate programs and controls, exercise credible challenge when appropriate, and facilitate suitable solutions. The candidate will make reports to executive management or management committees to influence the business regarding any needed controls to mitigate risk. The candidate will also have the ability to visualize beyond immediate legal and risk concerns, and be able to identify future and/or potential risk events associated with the practices. In addition, the candidate will be aware of cultural and other aspects unique to the international environment in order to interact with individuals throughout the globe.
- Perform CRAS+ proponent duties for international Third Party/Outsourcing Major Requirements (MRs) to be in compliance with the standards
- Monitor and oversee international Third Party and Outsourcing risk data contained in the Operational Risk Platform
- Evaluate line of business existing and proposed programs for compliance with regulatory and policy requirements as well as other risks that may be presented
- Participate as an international Third Party and Outsourcing SME on LOB projects to ensure compliance
- Conduct horizontal reviews of businesses to evaluate compliance to international Third Party and Outsourcing regulatory and policy requirements
- Assess controls and mitigating control evaluations for effectiveness
- Review issues, corrective actions, and policy breaches
- Develop and report annual residual risk exposure
- Partner with business and functional Third Party leaders and the Law Department to ensure understanding and compliance with non-U.S. Third Party/Outsourcing laws and regulations and the Third Party Service Provider Policy and Procedures requirements
- Support, as necessary, development of incremental Third Party Service Provider Policy and Procedural requirements related to international Third Party and Outsourcing laws and regulations
- Support and partner with International Third Party Risk Oversight team members as necessary to ensure proper administration of oversight role within various international regions
- Support LOBs with regulatory and audit exams as necessary
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Influence others into mutually desired outcomes
- Individual must be a self-starter, able to work independently and drive for results
- Creative, collaborative, and able to identify roadblocks, envision solutions and work towards resolution
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
*Open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprint*
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Customer service experience
- Customer service focus with the ability to balance needs of clients, shareholders, and team members
- Knowledge and understanding of project management and implementation in a corporate environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Working knowledge of non-U.S. Third Party and Outsourcing laws and regulations, and some U.S.
- Demonstrated experience using risk reporting tools to include but not limited to (SHRP (Archer GRC), RCSA, CICAT, CRAS+ etc.)
- Enterprise level operational risk experience-manage risk across multiple business groups
- Experience analyzing, interpreting and developing risk management reports for U.S or international regulatory requirements.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.