As a New Product Introduction Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing all APP NPI programs within the within a specific manufacturing facility, ensuring each meet or exceed original program commitments (delivered on time, within the budget, at or below target cost and expected yields).
- Responsible to ensure program deliverables are aligned with customer needs.
- The program manager will lead cross-functional teams through the development phases from pre-quote concurrent engineering through the production launch for all programs.
- Develop a detailed execution plan working with the leadership and team members from different functional disciplines (engr., mfg., commercial, scheduling, quality) and lead the effort to ensure the timely completion of the plan.
- Champion the deployment of the APP PM process in their facility. This includes the utilization of the PM software toolset (Daptiv) to ensure cross-functional team members work collectively to complete the necessary tasks on time and that the Executive Lead Team is made aware of each program’s status.
- Responsible to ensure that any disconnects between functional areas are resolved in a timely manner by driving conflict resolution at the plant’s leadership level.
- Ensure the goals and deliverables are clearly defined and communicated for each program.
- Identify gaps and/or risks to the program and drive mitigation plans to avoid delays or unnecessary expenses. This will include obtaining the commitment of the various function discipline leaders to ensure the overall recovery of the program. Issues or risks that cannot be resolved at the team level are to be identified by the program manager and taken to the leadership team for resolution.
- Report out directly the status of the NPI portfolio for their facility to the General Manager of the business segment on a regular basis.
- Lead the lessons learned process for each completed project and communicate findings to executive management
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelors of Science Degree from an accredited institution.
A minimum of 5 years experience with launching new product development programs in a manufacturing environment.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Preferred Qualifications
Masters or MBA
Working knowledge of the investment casting businessAPQP
Not ready to apply?