The National Digital Sales Manager for Cox Media Group Digital Revenue & Operations will report to the Sr. Director of Digital Revenue & Sales Strategy to identify, implement, support and grow strategic, programmatic and national digital advertising revenues. This will be accomplished by sourcing and generating new business, and growing existing accounts.
As the subject matter expert in Cox Media Group’s local audiences and solutions in the programmatic marketplace, you will be responsible for negotiating and managing Private Marketplaces and establishing Deal IDs with medium to large Agencies, National and Regional Brands. In this role, you will serve as the primary liaison in representing Cox Media Group’s digital audiences in the programmatic marketplace.
The ideal candidate will have a proven and successful track record of generating new business and managing senior level accounts in the programmatic marketplace. Expertise and fluency required in the digital advertising ecosystem including programmatic buying, Data Management Platforms, Agency Trading Desks, supply and demand-side platforms, and subject matter expertise in the latest industry trends.
- Generate and increase revenue of new and existing accounts to meet monthly and annual revenue goals.
- Be an expert in all Cox Media Group digital brands, including audience demographics and metrics that provide a UVP. Expertise in 1st, 2nd, 3rd party data and platforms in order to identify and match successful targets and solutions for clients.
- Own, manage and develop relationships with clients (agencies, trading desks, DSPs) through daily communication.
- Grow industry relationships (client meetings, conferences) to gain marketplace expertise.
- Communicate effectively and seamlessly with Sales, Marketing, Ad Operations, Product Management, Digital Audience & Platforms, and CMG Research teams.
- Own and manage negotiated programmatic deals from pre to post sale execution.
- Develop expertise in optimizing deals toward performance and client’s KPI goals.
- Track monthly and quarterly revenue projections based off reporting.
- Work with Programmatic team to execute deals.
- Strong (5+ years) experience in Digital Sales including:
- Expertise in consultative selling techniques.
- Demonstrated success in digital sales, internal/external customer satisfaction and territory management.
- Successful background growing advertising accounts and prospecting for new digital advertising verticals and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience working with medium to large advertising agencies and direct accounts.
- Experience with Trade Desks, DSPs, SSPs, and DMPs.
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment that requires collaboration across multiple stakeholders and constituents.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently.
- Demonstrated business acumen with exceptional knowledge of marketing, sales and new business development.
- Experience with needs assessment (client needs analysis), digital sales training programs & curriculums, business development, implementation and facilitation required.
- Superior interpersonal skills and demonstrated command in large group settings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding customer service skills with a keen ability to proactively anticipate and provide solutions for customer needs.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Active and strong knowledge of all forms of social media.
- IAB Digital Media Sales Certification (IAB DMSC) required.
- Google AdWords Certification required.
- Travel required ~ 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, computer sciences or related field.
Cox Media Group (CMG) is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that also includes the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations; more than 60 radio stations; six daily newspapers, more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and nearly 15 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Organization:
Cox Media GroupPrimary Location:
US-NY-New York-885 2nd AveOther Locations:
New York,US,NY,,10001|Chicago,US,IL,,60601Employee Status:
Yes, 25 % of the TimeSchedule: