Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Mortgage Specialist - FSG
Mortgage Specialist - FSG performs a variety of activities to support either internal or external customers with their financial needs through inbound and outbound phone calls. Works in a team in a sales delivery call center environment that recommends products, reviews customer profile and loan specific scenarios. This job promotes strong and lasting Customer relationships by delivering a legendary customer experience. Achieves high level of success by understanding customer needs, conducting oneself in a highly professional manner and identifying opportunities to deepen the customer relationship with TD and grow the business. The job is responsible for retaining and expanding existing client relationships within the TD footprint by offering advice based on their total financial situation.Job Requirements
• Provides sound advice at every customer interaction, contributing to a legendary customer experience
• Prospects and develops understanding of other financial objectives, assesses customer information and suggests appropriate product and service solutions based on customer need. Ensures customers understand the value and benefits of suggested alternatives and closes sales. Meets the needs of customers by offering advice based on their total financial situation and possessing a thorough knowledge of customer life cycle needs. Plans and execute relationship building activities.
• Ensures customer problems are handled appropriately, escalating issues when necessary
• Possesses expert knowledge of TD products and services, and sound knowledge of products offered by other bank partners
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the entire footprint, competitive offers, and economic trends
• Takes residential mortgage loan applications and offers or negotiates terms of residential mortgage loans; also responsible for communicating underwriting decisions, including offers and/or counter-offers of residential mortgage products
• Communicates with processors/underwriters as needed to clarify and exchange information. Consults with more experienced underwriting personnel on problems and questions, particularly relating to complex credit
• Proactively makes outbound calls to Customers who have inquired about our lending products
• Takes ownership of Customer concerns and resolve Customer issues at first point of contact
• Ensures necessary due diligence is taken to support the accuracy of all Customer transactions
• Sells and originates residential mortgage loans to sales goals. Contributes toward the achievement of phone channel business objectives by meeting or exceeding individual sales goals
• Contributes to the phone channel objective for Operational Excellence by adhering to Credit Compliance, audit, average handle time, adherence and all non-phone activities. Identifies opportunities for Wealth and Money In referrals.
• Be knowledgeable of and comply with Bank and industry codes of conduct and regulations. Must maintain an active FHA CertificationQualifications
High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
• 1-2 Years of related experience required
• Demonstrated sales ability including knowledge of TD Bank’s products and services
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills required
• Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging work environment. Exercises high degree of judgment during service interactions.
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Highly developed customer service skills. Cross-trained on multiple call center specialty skill sets preferred.
• Customer service/call center as well as previous lending experience preferred
• Sound knowledge of mortgage and consumer lending, products, policies and procedures and of basic automated underwriting systems.
• Knowledge of mortgage laws and regulations required, including but not limited to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act(HMDA), Safe & Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Lending Act (SAFE), Real Estate Settlement & Procedures Act (RESPA), and Truth in Lending Act (TILA)
• Knowledge of state and federal agency mortgage loan guidelines and regulations.
• Organized and detail oriented. Flexible and must be able to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Strong product and sales knowledge required on a wide range of product and servicing offering: Credit Card, Mortgage, Home Equity Lending, Unsecured Credit Products, Loans, Checking and Savings Products, Debit Card Advance, Online/Mobile Banking services, Identified opportunities for Money-In and Wealth referrals
• Ability to use current and learn new technology applications.
Apply for this job
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Career Advice from DiversityInc