Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Corporate Treasury team performs all global treasury activities for Mastercard, including capital planning analysis, rating agency relationships, foreign exchange risk management foreign exchange spot and interbank settlement trading, cash management/positioning, pensions asset-liability management, capital markets transactions (debt issuances, equity share buy-back), credit facility management and intercompany funding. Additionally, the team is responsible for the treasury controllership function ensuring accurate public disclosures of all global treasury activities (e.g., preparing related 10Q/K footnotes).
The team centrally supports all business units, providing treasury services as needed. It also plays a critical part of broader corporate finance and business initiatives by providing cross-functional support and execution for special projects such as mergers and acquisitions due diligence and integration, global tax planning initiatives, etc.
We are currently hiring for a Leader to drive and support the Foreign Exchange function, but expect the candidate to grow and move within the greater finance organization. The role provides an excellent platform for career development. The successful candidate will be exposed to a wide range of Treasury opportunities: in addition to FX, the candidate will assist with analysis and execution of special projects in customer risk management, investments, and capital planning. Over time the candidate would have subsequent opportunities to gain exposure in other areas within Mastercard Finance.
• Do highly analytical corporate finance projects excite you?
• Have you ever managed or been a key contributor in complex cross-functional projects?
• Are you motivated by achieving operational process improvements?
The Foreign Exchange Treasury Manager responsibilities include:
• Develop and execute the company’s foreign exchange risk management program and strategies, including managing the company’s cash flow, balance sheet, and translation hedging programs
• Consolidate global foreign exchange cash flow forecasts and perform related variance analysis
• Provide key information and analysis for Mastercard’s Foreign Exchange SEC disclosures (10Q footnote)
• Support core business settlement activities through active foreign exchange spot trading and analysis
• Evaluate business cases for incremental revenue opportunities related to Foreign Exchange transactions and support the business with project based FX analysis
• Optimize the Foreign Exchange spot and derivative trading end-to-end processes including improving existing Treasury systems
• Provide analytical financial support across various treasury functions/special projects: pensions, capital planning, and investments as needed
All About You
• Mastery of corporate finance and capital markets concepts (e.g., present value analysis)
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Must be highly proficient in MS Excel, and have demonstrated ability to learn new operations and reporting systems
• Results oriented, with ability to prioritize work, manage projects in addition to monthly/quarterly workload, and meet project deliverable timelines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills with emphasis on building strong, longer-term relationships worldwide across varying geographies and functions
• Self-motivated and inquisitive, able to manage sensitive information, and to communicate and make decisions under pressure
• Have worked as part of a team but able to solve issues independently (self-starter mentality)
• Experience working cross-functionally and with external parties (legal, counsel, financial firms, etc…)
• Finance, accounting, economics or business administration degree preferred. MBA or CFA a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer