The Manager of Destination Marketing will be responsible for crafting and executing eCommerce and Marketing activities for a defined Destination(s). Crucial to this role will be executing the marketing and eCommerce strategy in support of the defined destination(s). What will I be doing?
The Manager of Destination Marketing will be responsible for; (1) delivering the strategy and approach for defined destination(s), customer segments and customer origin; (2) driving marketing and eCommerce activity to meet revenue and share targets for defined destination(s); (3) supporting in-market relationships to improve effectiveness of Marketing activities; (4) measuring and reporting on regional performance and communicating with hotel-level and above property contacts; (5) effectively collaborating and partnering with hotel-level destination contacts as well as the eCommerce Consulting Center; 6) responsible for maintaining and optimizing presence and performance of hotel-level digital efforts.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Support the delivery of a tailored annual marketing plan, including offline and digital destination-specific campaigns throughout the year, leveraging national campaigns wherever possible and adapting to business needs as they arise
- Serve as a liaison with the campaign execution team for campaigns
- Support the development of Marketing Plans for full and luxury hotels as supported by the Director and Senior Manager of Destination Marketing
- Create and deliver presentations and destination performance reports as directed by Directors and Senior Managers
- Act as a liaison with Hotel Marketing and the eCommerce Consulting team
- Provide support for hotel co-op funded destination marketing activity and co-op execution for assigned destinations
- Provide ad-hoc support to all hotels in the destination to optimize their online and offline hotel presence, with a particular focus on growing book direct revenue and channel mix
- Partner with colleagues in other primary and secondary destinations to build outbound source-market activity across markets
- Engage and support an entrepreneurial and agile team culture
- Key competencies will be decision making; team work and collaboration; creativity and problem solving; project and time management
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of knowledge of integrated marketing strategy or Digital Marketing and eCommerce experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience reviewing data, manipulating data, and developing insights
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience presenting findings (story-telling) to internal and/or external customers and providing strategic recommendations
- A minimum of one (1) year of managerial and/or project management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel as required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional work experience
- A minimum of six (6) years of knowledge of integrated marketing strategy or Digital Marketing and eCommerce experience
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience reviewing data, manipulating data, and developing insights
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience presenting findings (story-telling) to internal and/or external customers and provide strategic recommendations
- A minimum of two (2) years of managerial and/or project management experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!