This position is responsible for leading a team of drivers to accomplish various operational tasks on the lot.
·Orient and instruct new drivers regarding their job duties and assist supervisor in assigning and directing the work of employees.
·Communicate with supervisor or manager to assure proper flow of vehicles and maintain log of stock numbers for each vehicle moved and its lot location.
·Communicate schedules and assignments to the crew members.
·Coordinate move requirements with manager.
·Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with Market Safety Manager in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
·Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
·Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
·Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
· Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
· Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
· Must be able to pass physical examination to obtain medical card for driver's license, if driving vehicle that requires CDL license.
· Basic mechanical knowledge (i.e., changing flat tires, checking fluids, jump starting vehicles.)
· Knowledge of lot operations/lot layout required.
· Knowledge of local roadways, hotels, airports and restaurants preferred.
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
· Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
Constant exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.