Big Data & Analytics Analyst
Dynamics of the Role
Ability to work in a shift rotation Monday - Friday that includes a day shift and a night shift (from 10 PM to 6AM) in a rotation with flexible option to work from home during that night shift.
This is a great opportunity to join a very dynamic Big Data & Analytics team as a Support associate. Our company was featured in InformationWeek and ranked in the top 6 most innovative companies. We are looking for a candidate to join our team that is innovative and a problem solver. They should be skilled at researching simple to complex problems. Have the ability to learn new technology quickly and help create roadmaps for upgrades, enhancements, and replacements. They will be involved in building tools and solutions to resolve existing problems and business needs.
The Team’s Focus
The right candidate will work on a team of software specialists focus of our Big Data and Analytics environments. The team uses procedures, scripts, and tools to resolve application issues. We also work very closely with our business in resolving their issues, scaling big data systems to the business needs, partner with architecture team in preparing business partners to onboard their data and applications, and communicating information about system health, outages or status of support requests. Our team offers the opportunity to continually grow and learn new technologies by work with the development teams during strategic projects. This allows us to keep our skill fresh and support the new technologies. The team will also maintain and create new support tools that can help automate process and provide additional monitoring.
How you’ll contribute:
• Maximize system availability and scalability of big data clusters and associated business intelligence tools.
• Work on support activities such as patches, upgrades of MapR clusters, and Tableau servers.
• Build out requirements and to operationalize applications built out of Hadoop technologies.
• Work directly with development and business teams to keep the communication flowing.
• Identify issues and coordinate with the correct groups to help resolve problems.
• Assist users with application questions and issues.
• Create tools and automation to help support and monitor applications.
• Capture metrics regarding performance and capacity, stability, and value that drive decisions.
• Drive innovations on their team always looking for performance improvement.
• Providing recommendations for the best user experiences and product enhancements.
• Researching, troubleshooting, diagnosing and recommending solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problems.
• Use trouble shooting skills to solve software or application issues.
What You’ll Bring:
• Ability to automate through scripting and configuration management, have an understanding of scripting languages like Bash.
• Academic Knowledge of big data technologies such as Hadoop, Nosql.
• Understanding network, operating system concepts.
• Knowledge of Linux system concepts and academic admin level experience preferred.
• Inquisitive attitude towards ever emerging Big Data and automation solutions.
• Are an effective organizer and solve technical problems at various levels of difficulty and document the process and resolution.
• Can work both independently and as a member of collaborative teams.
• Enjoy helping others and share a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
• Monitoring of application performance and environmental uptime.
• Enjoy building tools to support the infrastructure and Cost Optimization.
• Are interested in sharing and teaching others about your ideas
• Thrive in a collaborative environment
• A degree in computer science or related degree path
• Must be a United States Citizen due to government contracts
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We’re on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.