Mount Laurel, New Jersey
IT Data Specialist (Data Modeler)
The IT Data Specialist provides technical leadership across a broad range of data analysis functions including data modeling, structured query language (SQL), data quality, data profiling, extract-transform-load (ETL), metadata enrichment and management, data provenance and lineage, report design and other specialized data management functions. Works independently as a senior lead and may manage and direct activities related to analysis, design and support of technical data management solutions on various projects ranging in larger projects.Job Requirements
• Subject Matter Expert on technical environment/ tools for own area of expertise.
• Subject Matter Expert on business processes and procedures, as well as broader organizational issues and technology.
• Advanced knowledge of business/ organization, Bank standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology in related areas from a design/ support/ solutions perspective.
• Primary subject matter expert in multiple areas and consults with clients/or project teams with respect to all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware/ software support and/or development of technical solutions.
• Works autonomously as a senior/lead on a diverse range of tasks and is relied upon to coach/ educate others.
• Manages and directs activities related to analysis, design and support of technical data management solutions on larger projects.
• Assignments are highly complex and multi-faceted.
• Acts as a key resource in the exchange of technical information for project teams, the business and/or outside vendors.
• Generally reports to a Senior Manager or Executive.Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate
• 5-7 years related experience
• Hands on experience in Dimensional Data Model (should be able to illustrate Design Rationale)
• Data warehouse expert (CIF and Kimball architecture)
• Experience in developing Star Schema models from scratch (conceptual, logical and physical)
• Hands on Experience in FSDM (preferred) and/or BDW
• Performance Tuning
• Create/Maintain/Coordinate Business Glossaries with project stakeholders
• Data Mapping hands on expertise
• Expertise in ERWIN/Power Designer, PL/SQL, Oracle/Exadata
• Experience with US Commercial Banking data
Career Advice from DiversityInc