Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of its work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. The results of internal audits are subject to periodic quality assurance reviews and external regulatory examinations. Audit Services provides independent, objective assurance and advisory services to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit & Security is looking to fill an IT Audit Manager position to support the coverage of the various Line of Business application development and support teams, including evaluating systems development life cycle, change management, computer operations, and information security risks and controls focused primarily on the application and database layer. The position may also cover technology support functions, such as risk management and project management. Key job responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Leads execution of multiple concurrent technology assurance and project audits primarily as engagement supervisor in accordance with rigorous policy and work paper standards and within tight timeframes
- Assesses key risks and controls and designs innovative and appropriate broad based coverage across a technology and/or business activity, exhibiting exceptional judgment regarding issue identification, issuing draft findings to client management, and drafting and issuing final audit reports with limited guidance
- As an individual contributor (no direct reports), person is recognized as a team leader and is expert at organizing and leading teams/projects, helping recruit/hire candidates, and on-boarding, training, providing interim performance feedback and helping coach those team members
- Recognized for depth and breadth of knowledge and understanding across multiple businesses and technologies and/or is a recognized expert in a critical subject matter area
- Transfers knowledge and understanding of audit methods and critical/complex business information
- Learns and applies the Wholesale business drivers/risks associated with the technology in how we approach the audits and describe issues to our partners
- Develops valuable and trusting relationships with internal business partners by executing efficient audit work and offering suggestions to enhance risk management based on an enterprise-wide view of technology risk management
- Helps Senior Audit Manager develop and manage the audit plan, scheduling resources, and other “manager support” duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of experience in one of the following: audit, technology risk management, information security, IT program management, technology governance, or availability management
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Audit experience at a large financial institution or auditing company.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Risk or compliance experience
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
Other Desired Qualifications
- Must have 8+ years of increasing responsibilities within IT audit, including experience leading and supervising audits (external and/or internal)
- Ability to adhere to and enforce strict work paper quality standards which includes ability to gather objective evidence to reach conclusions and document findings
- General IT audit experience covering corporate technology risk management programs
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.