Below, please find the job description for the Interference Engineer position needed in our College Point location.Essential Job Functions
- Represent Charter Communications’ interests on NYC Public Improvement Projects.
- Attend D.O.T. & City project meetings.
- Interface with City officials, Utility representatives & City contractors.
- Identify & monitor Charter’s interference on city projects.
- Ensure that Charter’s facilities are supported & protected on these projects.
- Maintain & provide appropriate documentation.
- Review & monitor field documentation and payment packages to ensure compliance with established guidelines.
- Negotiate & communicate with NYC municipal contractors.
- Coordinate with the Construction Department regarding project status & relocation work
- Ability to read, understand and interpret construction plans, system prints and specifications and evaluate impact on Charter Communication’s facilities.
- Strong decision making skills, the flexibility to handle multiple assignments and the ability to meet deadlines.
- The position requires a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work flexible hours required.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in utility construction or engineering.
- Experience with Word, Excel & AutoCAD
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Certification
Bachelor's degree (B. A./B. S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.Physical Requirements
Balancing, Climbing Stairs, light carrying/lifting (items less than 15 pounds)