At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
This position exists to support day-to-day supply stream procurement activities for the assigned category mix. The position will support the implementation of category strategies. Also, it will provide regional input related to supply and demand market dynamics for the development of the category strategy. The position will routinely engage with the associated business units and suppliers in an effort to align supplier capabilities with BASF strategic priorities and explore creative and strategic supply solutions for new and existing Packaging solutions.
- Support the development of supply strategies for the North American region. Work closely with the business unit and the Procurement network to develop and implement sourcing strategies for products related to this portfolio.
- Lead and manage sourcing process (RFI, RFQ, RFP, etc.) for key strategic contracts and highly complex negotiations to ensure the most competitive supply advantage for BASF
- Relationship management for key suppliers, which will include monitoring performance metrics, resolving claims and/or disputes, market intelligence, and other contributing factors affecting supply availability and pricing of products procured.
- Conduct market intelligence research by interacting with key suppliers, industry associations, and internal stakeholders to collect industry relevant information and rationalizing to assess impact current and future to BASF.
- Support purchase order creation and processing as appropriate.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
- Must have a BS/BA. Preferably in engineering, marketing, supply chain or related field. MBA degree is a plus
- Seeking candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years of working experience. Experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering/Operations and/or Sales and Marketing is highly desirable.
- Exposure to strategy development is desirable. Exposure to contracts and negotiations also desirable/ Experience in industrial manufacturing environments is a plus.
- Experience in leading cross functional and cross BU teams.
- Ability to lead and influence others. Demonstrated problem solving skills with business value creation know how.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to manage relationships with internal partners as well as suppliers. Must be team-oriented and capable of working in a multi-task environment with ability to make and implement decisions with limited information
- Proficiency in Market knowledge, strategy development and implementation