Alcoa Fastening Systems & Rings has an opening for a General Forge Helper to assist press operator, utilize power tools, air arching equipment and billet grinders to smooth and deburr parts, and select speeds, feeds, and wheels to maintain finishes. This position is based in our Rochester, NY facility; and candidates should be willing and able to work 2nd shift, 2:00 pm to 12:00 am.
Alcoa Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,600 people in 11 countries at 37 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA)
- Remove hot metal parts from a furnace and feed them to the press or ring mill operator on a manufacturing large press, or ring mill.
- Become Alcoa EHS and OSHA certified to operate a forklift, with basic forklift operation experience.
- Work as a Grinder in the Grinding area, and use either a hand grinder or swing grinder to grind the edges or surfaces of either billets of cut metal or blank rings to specifications outlined by Management.
- Act as a replacement for key personnel that are absent for the day on the shift (specific use to be determined by supervisor).
- Assist on setups where additional departmental manpower will aid production
- Move parts within WIP to their next scheduled department
- Assist with the management of Scrap throughout the facility
- May be required to wear a respirator
Not ready to apply?