Purpose of the Job
As BASF’s Executive Recruiter, you will be responsible for building, leading and executing the recruitment process for our leadership pipeline. You will work directly with business leaders to understand talent selection and attraction challenges, business priorities and define sourcing strategies to deliver on talent acquisition’s commitments. Being close to the external market through benchmarking and networking, you will analyze both recruitment and business trends to provide expert solutions to finding top executive talent. Your subject matter expertise, consultative approach, business acumen and talent insight will allow you to make recommendations on staffing processes, talent pipeline development and sourcing prospects that result in finding top senior level talent. You will build strong partnerships with business leaders to provide a proactive approach to talent acquisition and help us achieve our talent strategic objectives, including our focus on promoting and hiring a diverse workforce.Principal Responsibilities
The Executive Recruiter at BASF will:
- Sit on the Talent Acquisition Leadership Team and work to drive continuous improvement in quality of hire, time-to-fill, cost per hire, hiring manager satisfaction and candidate satisfaction at the leadership pipeline levels
- Manage the recruitment process for all BASF Executive Level candidates (ZOF, RPCs/ECs)
- In partnership with TA Director, identify and implement appropriate leadership assessment tools
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on executive recruitment, bringing best in class strategies to ensure BASF remains competitive in our talent attraction efforts
- Develop and implement innovative candidate sourcing strategies to effectively identify and attract top talent, with a focus on succession planning and pipeline development for key positions
- Leveraging deep knowledge of the business’s talent needs, provide guidance and coaching to leaders while providing insight on anticipated roadblocks, challenges, etc.
- Work with leadership to ensure the success of our new hires including altering hiring criteria and providing recommendations for adapting integration/professional development programs
- Work with HR Analytics team to develop real-time reporting/tracking mechanism for monitoring the executive candidate pool
- Ensure a high quality candidate experience for both internal and external talent
- Review and analyze business unit data and external industry trends to design a forward-looking, best in class executive recruitment program/strategy development. Proactively identify and report on trends that could impact the organization’s objectives
- Assist with TA financial planning for recruiting budget
- Take on ownership of various projects as part of the TA Leadership Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR or related discipline
- 7+ years’ experience as a professional recruiter for senior level talent with a focus on proactive candidate identification, attraction, assessment and selection. 3+ years in a corporate environment; combination of corporate and retained executive search, boutique search firm and/or agency experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence leaders at the highest levels of an organization
- Experience partnering with business leaders and/or Talent Management to support succession planning and/or the proactive identification of potential talent gaps
- Expertise in developing executive assessment and selection frameworks
- Strong consultative skills in advising business executives on the market, talent value proposition and aiding in their hiring decisions
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing, implementing and executing creative recruitment strategies, including market mapping, name generation, cold calling, etc.
- Effective relationship manager with a focus on exemplary customer service
- An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive and collaborative work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.