BEVILL STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
1411 Indiana Avenue Jasper, AL 35501
Beginning date: April 19 2017
Closing date: May 10, 2017
POSITION # 691: Drafting Technology Instructor - (This announcement is at 75 percent salary and benefits) –Sumiton Campus
APPROXIMATE STARTING DATE: August, 2017
Bevill State Community College is an accredited comprehensive learning-centered institution dedicated to providing quality educational opportunities and services that enrich lives intellectually, culturally, and economically. In fulfillment of this mission, the college offers academic and technical programs and activities. The college serves a population that is diverse in age and race as well as in economic and educational backgrounds.
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology/Design/Architecture or other drafting related field is required. Experience in field is required. Experience in teaching at the community college level is preferred.
In addition to adhering to the guidelines as specified by Bevill State Community College Personnel Handbook and the ACCS Board of Trustees, duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Teach classes/labs as assigned. Classes/labs may be scheduled during the day, evening, or weekend and at any campus/instructional site deemed necessary.
2. Requesting drafting material, equipment and supplies as needed for the program.
3. Assist students as an advisor in developing class schedules, program planning, and career counseling.
4. Maintain updated course syllabi for all courses taught and provide a syllabus to all students enrolled in the class. Each faculty member will adhere to the course syllabus and Plans of Instruction (POI).
5. Review and recommend revision of curriculum periodically and provide input to the college deans and college-wide curriculum committee.
6. Assist in the development of course offerings each term.
7. Provide input for Annual Needs Assessment.
8. Maintain and submit Perkins forms as needed.
9. Maintain all records as needed for the instructional program and the college.
10. Participate on college-wide committees as assigned.
11. Provide library information to students. Recommend library additions to enhance course.
12. Maintain professional conduct in dealing with students, staff, administration, faculty, and the college community.
13. Adhere to prescribed procedures in all financial operations of the division.
14. Maintain safe practices in classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings.
15. Actively recruit students for the program and the College.
16. Compile and dispense necessary reports in a timely manner.
17. Participate in the planning and budgeting processes for the Drafting program.
18. Assist in enforcing all college policies.
19. Assist in the coordination of the institutional effectiveness plan and program review.
20. Participate in and facilitate a minimum of two advisory committee meetings each year, recruit advisory committee members from a wide array of related industries.
21. Attend faculty and staff meetings.
22. Participate in approved professional development activities through professional organizations, seminars, and programs designed to maintain and improve skills.
23. Use technology in the classroom for presentations and hands on experience.
24. Assume all other duties assigned.
Minimum $35,791 maximum $77,432 - (9-month contract) (75%), based on experience and educational level for Placement on Alabama Community College System D1. Additional salary may be available, but is not guaranteed, for summer employment.
Bevill State Community College employment applications are available from the following address or visit our website at www.bscc.edu and click on “Job Opportunities” at the bottom of the homepage. All applications should be mailed to:
Office of Human Resources
Bevill State Community College
1411 Indiana Avenue Jasper, AL 35501
Email in a .pdf format to:
All application material for this position must be submitted as a new complete packet and will become the property of the College. Transcripts MUST be submitted with every application for employment.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete.
Before an offer of employment can be made to the selected candidate, the College will require written verification (on letterhead and signed by an appropriate authority) from current and previous employers confirming the required level of experience as stated in the “Qualifications” section.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a nonrefundable fee of $17.40 (additional charges may apply) for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Bevill State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Bevill State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, and Bevill State Community College that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment. Bevill State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. If you have a disability and may require accommodations, please notify us at 205-387-0511 Ext. 5784. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Please note that Bevill State Community College hours are 7:30 to 5:30 Monday-Thursday and 7:30 to 11:30 on Friday.