Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Product Development Modeler
• Data & Analytics is charged with generating data driven analytical solutions which include predictive models, behavioral segmentation frameworks, campaign success measurement, profitability analyses, ad hoc reporting and data visualizations. We leverage over 10 petabytes of transaction data (2+ billion cards, 36+ million merchant locations, 210 countries/territories generating over 80 billion transactions per year).
• The Product Development Team is responsible for building analytic products and prototypes in a highly innovative environment. This includes sophisticated analytical products, predictive models, cloud applications, web applications, APIs, e-commerce system, mobile applications, etc. The team is focused on building smart solutions to complex business challenges, while delivering great user experiences. The team works closely with industry verticals and marketing teams to unleash Mastercard big-data to improve the financial and transaction environment worldwide.
Summary description of the job:
• Develop sophisticated analytic solutions and predictive models
• Lead the improvement of our data quality
• Run and improve our analytic solutions and modeling platform
• Conduct scientific R&D research, especially in machine learning and artificial intelligence
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Independently manage and manipulate big data
• Discover and implement business related data logic
• Improve data quality (to be fed into downstream analytics)
• Develop sophisticated multivariate models and analytic solutions using statistical techniques including, but not limited to:
o multinomial logistic regression
o Clustering and segmentation
o Decision trees
o Latitudinal and longitudinal analytics
• Maintain and improve existing modeling procedures
• Streamline and automate data analytics and modeling processes
• Conduct R&D into, and apply new methodologies to maximize data value for business application:
o Machine learning
o Artificial intelligence
All About You
• Passionate about uncovering hidden logic about consumer behaviour in big data environments
• Open to evaluating, and adopting, new analytic approaches, algorithms, and computing methodologies
• Demonstrably deep understanding of, and experience in, developing multivariate predictive models
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Extensive experience in one of computer languages: Python, R, WPS or SAS. Knowledge and experience in AI, NLP, and interface programming is a plus
• Master Degree in Statistics, Maths, OR, Computer Science or equivalent quantitative major.
• Ph.D in any of the above and research experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer