Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Product Architect - Independent Banks & Credit Unions
The Product Architect, Business Leader, will be responsible for looking horizontally across existing Mastercard assets to package solutions which address segment needs. The Product Architect must understand the needs of our customers and deliver repeatable and configurable solutions leveraging the full suite of Mastercard assets to solve those problems. The position plays a critical role in driving differentiation within the issuer, merchant, and acceptance community resulting in better relationships, preference and revenue.
• Serve on the Independent Banks & Credit Unions (IBCU) Management Team to inform and shape the IBCU go-to-market strategy for commercializing Mastercard products with a goal of incremental revenue or transactional share shift.
• Aligned by specific client segment to meet their market needs (KPIs: Account Segment Revenue and GDV)
• Understands and assesses ability to bring products together horizontally
• Development of off-the shelf bundles to serve various IBCU vertical segments with a focus on minimal customer operational /implementation impact, excellent customer experience and quality delivery.
• In partnership with regional product and services managers, establish and build relationships with IBCU sales, Processor sales and IBCU account representatives, as with other critical functions such as Customer Delivery, Marketing, Core Products, Digital Products and the Services organization to deliver on solutions.
• Ensure that the Regional Products and Services team are aware of and incorporate IBCU issues and opportunities into the overall framework of Global Product and Services Strategies, Product Platforms and Product Development.
All About You
• Understanding of IBCU segment needs
• Deep expertise in Mastercard products and services
• Strong understanding of customer’s evolving strategic needs, the current and potential future market environment, and MasterCard’s products and services and how they operate within the local market environment and interact within the larger value chain
• Able to architect integrated solutions by combining MasterCard’s products and services in ways that meet the customer’s key strategic needs. Deep knowledge of which solutions work in which environments. Continually develops new solution sets and deploys them more broadly. Identifies gaps in MasterCard’s capabilities and works with Product and Services Managers and Regional Bank account teams on ways to address them
• Highly collaborative; natural integrator with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver products and solutions for customer needs
• Takes a consultative approach in providing overall direction, guidance and definition of products and services within related segments
• Strong product development discipline; able to manage for differentiation, consumer experience, quality, and economics
• Skilled at building and maintaining strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer