Purpose of the Job
The Director of the People Consulting Team is responsible for providing flexible HR solutions to the organization through strategic contracting and demand planning with Strategic HR Business Advisors. This role leads a virtual team of highly effective HR professionals, who are well-versed in multiple HR areas such as: Divestiture, M+A, Reorganization, Restructure, OD interventions, Workforce and Succession Planning, among others. In alignment with our Global HR operating structure, this role will serve as the Regional Demand Manager. The successful candidate will be the conduit between GP/FHS for regional demand planning to ensure transparency and accuracy. Finally, the Director will be responsible for developing the frameworks needed to ensure HR consultation and solutions are delivered effectively to the NALT leaders, BUs and SHRBAs.Principal Responsibilities
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Apply processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve project objectives. Plan and guide differentiated solution delivery from conception to implementation, either directly or through the team.
- Develop a continuous improvement process in order to collect learnings from past engagements and to drive process improvements for future engagements.
- Identify and use appropriate project management tools and related technology which will harmonize and streamline project activity.
- Provide thought leadership to Strategic HR Business Advisors regarding strategic contracting, demand planning and management, engagement and charging.
- Develop, motivate, coach and challenge for higher performance. Mentor early in career HR talent. Model and enable development of competencies required to implement BASF’s Strategy 2025.
- Refine and implement a consistent method to perform strategic contracting with BU leaders to understand and confirm annual priorities, understanding annual human capital planning for HR support according to a regular cadence, in order to collect and identify demand for solutions, and to enable the translation of business strategy into human capital initiatives.
- Partner with Strategic HR Business Advisors in order to understand the need, identify what solutions are possible, clearly delineate resources required, and make costs transparent.
- Examine engagement trends and proactively share this information with CoEs and Strategic HR Business Partners.
- Develop and implement a method to identify peaks and valleys of work, and create a solution to ensure flexible management of resources.
- Create and implement appropriate engagement protocols, templates and other tools in order to facilitate the demand management process, manage the scope of work, and provide consistency in the collection and documentation of the requests.
- Create and implement an effective and transparent charging model, in partnership with HR Strategy and Controlling.
- Measure the contribution of differentiated solutions to business performance.
- Develop and track differentiated solutions scorecard, in order to identify areas of continuous improvement, engagement trends, and team effectiveness.
- Regularly communicate metrics to appropriate stakeholders both within and outside of HR.
Successful Candidates will possess the following Capabilities
- 10+ years progressively responsible experience in the business of HR
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to strategically plan and deliver HR solutions to the business.
- Proven Leadership ability; ability to manage virtual team of 15 members
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Business Acumen
- Negotiation/ Demonstrated Consulting skills
- Exceptional oral, written and communication skills
- Advanced Analytical skills and mindsets
- Leadership capabilities
- Change management approaches and practices
- Ability to work collaborate across all stakeholders
- Leverage existing tools for client needs
- Ability to navigate complex and often ambiguous situations, providing leadership for colleagues and clients
As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.