Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Payment Solutions, Healthcare
The GP&S Healthcare Market Development team looks for opportunities to leverage Mastercard assets and industry partnerships to improve efficiencies and the user experience across the healthcare ecosystem, ultimately driving incremental revenue for Mastercard. The focus is primarily, but not exclusively, on the US commercial healthcare market.
For the person in this role, primary responsibilities will relate to building payments solutions that address stakeholder needs and drive transaction and revenue growth for Mastercard. In some cases, solutions will be developed with external partners and/or through inorganic investment. Primary emphasis will be on the B2B space. Activities are likely to involve interaction with some or all of the following: product teams, business development teams, Labs, Law, O&T, and Corporate Development/M&A.
• Identifies and understands opportunities and challenges, and develops unique propositions to establish Mastercard in the healthcare payments value chain
• Assesses relevant Mastercard assets to be leveraged; collaborates with product teams and external partners to develop innovative healthcare solutions
• Identifies potential partners for deploying, scaling and monetizing assets; works with identified partners to craft and deliver solutions
• Drives market/partnership development efforts with relevant business partners to ensure cross-functional alignment and maximum support
• Constructs partnership agreements and negotiates in line with Mastercard strategic priorities and revenue/profitability targets
• For developed solutions, leads go-to-market plan execution, (e.g., pricing, sales and delivery activities); collaborates with Healthcare Business Development team to deliver solutions to market
All About You
• Proven track record of developing and delivering new products to market, preferably in payments; Mastercard PME experience a plus
• Strong payments and healthcare industry knowledge
• Strong influencing, negotiation, and ability to think from a customer perspective
• Experience conducting strategic and quantitative analysis for new product opportunities
• Multi-disciplinary knowledge, e.g., business development, marketing, operations, risk, financial modeling, deal structuring, and emerging technologies
• Excellent internal and external relationship management; ability to influence across a matrix organization
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
• Senior level presentation and communication skills
• May involve moderate travel
Equal Opportunity Employer