Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Masterpass Product Security and Authentication
Mastercard is a global payments provider leading the industry in the advancement of digital payments by shifting share away from cash and beyond plastic to alternative methods of shopping and payment. As part of that strategy, Masterpass, which is Mastercard’s digital wallet service, allows consumers to check out with a digital wallet online, in-store with a tap, or from their favorite merchant app. Live in 33 countries and expanding to more, Masterpass is on a dynamic trajectory.
This role will focus on building out Masterpass Wallet Authentication and Security as a core product value proposition to consumers and customers who use Masterpass APIs to host and brand their own digital wallet. The Business Leader will be responsible not only for building out a program to protect the wallet but also to enhance the checkout experience for all wallets supported on the platform. This role will be critical in shaping how Masterpass evolves to manage risk to ensure that our product meets emerging security and authentication requirements from internal and external customers while delivering a great consumer experience using new and innovative technologies.
This position will report to the Vice President, Issuer Wallet team.
- Management of the risk-based-decisioning (RBD) approach for all wallet products supported on the Masterpass platform, including the deployment of enhancements to the existing program
- Expand RBD solution to the transaction level to deliver a seamless checkout experience
- Own the security and authentication framework for the product with the goal of identifying and managing security gaps while staying laser focused on delivering a great consumer experience
- Lead implementation of ecosystem-driven changes, such as the recently released 3DS 2.0 protocol
- Develop roadmap for integration with internal/external products that expand RBD and with innovative technologies to improve wallet security and authentication
- Partner cross-functionally to deliver new features in the Agile framework while developing regional Go-to-market plans to drive feature-level commercialization.
- Package and sell solutions into customers
All About You:
- Bachelor’s degree required, having an MBA is a plus
- In depth experience with e-Commerce/m-Commerce payments
- Experience with browser and device-based authentication and security protocols
- An operational understanding of payments and Mastercard processes and technologies
- Ability to mix technical knowledge with practical real-world experience to bridge between business and technology
- Consumer-facing product experience with an appreciation and passion for delivering great consumer experiences
- Strong customer focus with the ability to provide solutions that drive results for all customer types
- Experience creating Go-to-market plans and proven track record of bringing new solutions to market
- Expert communication skills, both written and oral, especially the ability to understand complicated technical concepts and explain them to a non-technical audience
- Strong project management skills and success in managing large-scale cross-functional projects
- Strong problem solving skills – ability to come up with short term and long term solutions to problems
- Self-motivated and highly collaborative
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer