Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Mastercard Send, Core Products & Solutions
• Mastercard Send is at the cornerstone of our vision of a World Beyond Cash. Our services facilitate the secure delivery of funds between senders and receivers, typically within seconds. We support multiple use cases – person-to-person, business to business, disbursements, remittances and merchant payments. With our technology and expertise we are making sending money safe, simple and fast.
• The Director – Mastercard Send, Core Products & Solutions, will lead the solution design efforts behind push payments. This role requires striking the right balance between practical, hands on technical design using existing products, and informing the long term technical solutions that will be offered in the market.
• Engage and drive solution design efforts with key customers and/or key opportunities to help formulate and solve for business, product and technical requirements. Partner with domestic and cross-border commercialization, product development, operations, technology, user experience and service definition teams to help formulate and design processes and service architecture for all Mastercard Push Payment products
• Actively partner with other product functions across Digital Payment to integrate activities and co-create solutions. Work closely with Mastercard Labs organization to design and build demonstrable prototypes which extend the current products and platforms in new dimensions.
• Design solutions and communicate them through clear documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams and powerpoint slides
• Determine and advance operational feasibility through problem definition, project scope. Facilitate partners’ technical integration to our solutions; collaborate effectively with software developers, processing and software architecture engineers and product managers to solve complex problems
• Distill market requirements for the Core Push Payments Products Team into initiatives and features that can be added to the roadmap. Act as advocate for the features and initiatives required for the opportunities you are working on.
• File for intellectual property when new/unique solutions are created through the process of identifying relevant solutions for our partners
• Reports to Vice President, Mastercard Send, Core Products & Solutions. Location: US - New York City, NY or Purchase, NY.
• Position requires up to 25% travel
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience required
• Good technical understanding and experience of working with developers and technical architects in systems and solutions development or design
• Prior knowledge of MasterCard Send, Visa OCT or other Push Payment platforms a plus
• Knowledge of web (HTML5, CSS, JS etc), Web APIs (SOAP, JSON) and mobile (Android/iOS SDKs) technologies including designing and implementing software a strong plus
• Strong passion for and expertise in payment technologies and e/m-commerce
• Strong track record of driving tangible business results
• Knowledge of techniques for requirements capture and specification and the ability to balance tactical commercial needs against the needs of strategic architecture
• Self-starter, strong analytical ability with good attention to detail and a proven track record of delivering success while operating within a team environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
• Strong project management skills required; will need to handle multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
• Ability to interact and coordinate effectively with internal and external global business partners; influencing skills
• Strong research and analytical skills. Ability to digest complex data and problems and make recommendations with sound judgment
Equal Opportunity Employer