Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Market Product Management - Small Business Credit
The Commercial segment is a priority for Mastercard; US Small Business Credit contributes one-third of total US Commercial Volume, and two-thirds of US Small Business volume. The Director, US Small Business Credit creates and implements strategies to drive continued growth of the segment utilizing card programs such as Business Card and premium card programs, as well as non-card products such as targeting models for issuers and webinars directly for end-user small businesses.
• Drive US Small Business Credit Strategy by developing a deep understanding of the segment through benchmarking, competitive analyses, and research; recommending best practices; and generating business cases.
• Develop card program, pricing, and non-card product strategies and roadmaps for continued growth in the segment.
• Provide thought leadership on trends and innovative programs, functionalities, and strategies Mastercard can implement with issuers.
• Utilize small business industry expertise to construct Mastercard’s point of view on small business credit, as well as, to guide issuers in creating their differentiated strategic approaches to the small business segment.
• Spearhead product sales strategy in collaboration with expert sales team and issuer relationship managers.
• Develop, track and deliver portfolio results, as well as, track the results of new product/product enhancements to determine effectiveness and refine strategy development.
• Ensure product suite is continually updated to exceed cardholder and issuer expectations, industry standards, and competitive pressures.
• Manage performance of existing products and issuer implementations.
• Drive segment strategies and collaborate with management and specific issuers on customized programs to optimize existing products for small businesses, including acquisition, usage/spend, & retention tactics.
• Conduct, evaluate, and apply market research to assess new ideas and concepts.
• Complete opportunity assessments including business cases on new ideas and concepts.
• Devise tools to assist issuers in optimizing their small business portfolios, e.g. targeting tools.
ALL ABOUT YOU:
• Strong Small Business segment experience.
• Deep product development experience, including high-level strategic planning.
• Product management, including performance assessment, matrix-management skills, and relationship-building.
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Ability to take independent action and P&L ownership
• Strong ability to influence and build consensus across a variety of internal business units, external partners & clients, and service providers.
• Demonstrated sense of urgency in driving results.
• Strong analytic and creative problem solving & solution development.
Equal Opportunity Employer