Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Rewards and Services, the Director of HR Services is responsible for providing vision, leadership, planning, project coordination, and management for the Human Resource Shared Service Center, the myHR Manager Resource Team and the payroll team including HR Data Management for the BASF Employee Call center supporting 17,500+ employees.Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible to work with all the HR Centers of Excellence (COE) to ensure the HR SSC is executing its activates in line with the defined policies and strategies. The SSC must maintain quality levels as agreed with the COEs. Further the HR SSC needs to provide feedback to the COEs and other HR functions on problem areas that need to be addressed.
This position is accountable for the HR data governance ensuring continuity and alignment of the interdependencies between the employee call center (myHR), HR master data management, HR reporting and the downstream impacts HR Metric trending analytics, talent management, compensation, payroll processing and benefit administration.
The Director of HR Services is also responsible for the integration of the myHR Manager Resource Team into the HR Services portfolio of HR offerings. The myHR Manager Resource Team is comprised of 8 HR professionals available to consult, coach and advise BASF managers in the areas of employee relations, corrective actions plans, terminations, target setting, career development discussion and more. Within this space, also resides the myHR manager e-resource; internet based, self - service tool kit for managers. The myHR Manager e-Resource tool kit will contain all relevant tutorials, documents, templates and learnings needed for effective people management.
The Director of HR Shared Services is a Global Shared Services Network member and active participant representing the North America Region.Principal Responsibilities
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Lead the HR Shared Service Center teams to align with the organizations strategic direction. Foster and maintain positive relationships with HR functional and technical teams, including senior management, and the employee customer base. Provide overall prioritization of work initiatives and management of functional team resources, and their activities.
- Lead the Payroll team to provide efficient and accurate payroll processes. Develop contingency plans and systems of back-ups. Ensure all federal and state law and regulations are followed. Manage outside venders that provide critical input to the payroll system. Work with IT to continually improve software design.
- Design and deliver HR services, procedures and processes that are considered value added, measurable and directly tied to company business objectives. Develop controls and procedures that ensure HR employee data quality to translate to accurate reporting and align with the creation of HR data metrics and trend analytics that will support business decisions. Create a BASF call center model that effectively serves as the single point of contact for employee inquires in the region.
- Build and maintain a strong functional HR Data Management and Employee call center teams through effective recruiting, training, coaching, team building and succession planning. Prepare and participate in the preparation of staff development plans for each team member. Assess the skills and skill levels necessary to achieve overall work objectives.
- Promote proactive approaches leveraging technology (SAP HR/Payroll, Business Intelligent reporting and Case Recording Management systems) to support business requirements while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of the HRMS capabilities. Based on business need; negotiate priorities and support requirements with the HR COE’, HR departments, Information Technology and other internal and external areas as appropriate.
- Coach and provide guidance to the myHR Manager Resource Team employees to ensure managers receive timely, comprehensive and accurate information
- Identify employee experience opportunities through data analysis of myHR usage and resulting inquiries to myHR Manager Resource Team or Strategic Human Resource Business Advisors (SHRBA).
- Identify myHR search, content and usability opportunities and present prioritized action plan proposals to senior managers
- Drive performance improvement through improved end-to-end process design and management
- Lead the continuous improvement efforts for HR processes by eliminating non-value content and unnecessary search steps
- Provide analysis and metrics to relevant CoEs regarding employee/manager questions, common searches, policy infractions etc.
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting for the HR Data Management, HR Reporting and Call Center departments.
- Identify Competitive Intelligence and Market Research data to ensure myHR is best in class.
Knowledge and Experience
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- BS/BA degree required; degree in Human Resources Management preferred
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience required
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Experience directly managing others required
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions that have an impact on people, quality of service and costs.
- Knowledge and experience on managing complex SSC processes
- Require a working knowledge of the overall HR functions and other related areas.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and project management.
- Ability to develop and articulate a business case and its financial/bottom line impacts through research and synthesizing data from a variety of quantitative and qualitative sources
- Ability to take abstract concepts and new thinking to create a practical recommendation
- Broad knowledge of HR polices, practices, disciplines and the full employee lifecycle
- Experience with creating executive presentations using facts and data to create a compelling business case for change
As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.