Plans and directs the government business development/capture management organization for the Department of Defense (DOD) Segment (within Global Business – Public Sector Solutions).
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- manage and lead a team centered on strategic customer relationship development and identification of sales opportunities to meet the DOD revenue targets
- develop detailed opportunity win strategies including teaming partner analysis with focus on increased probability of win
- engage with government executives and buyers to influence and shape government needs toward AT&T best value positions, products, and services
- define and execute customer strategic call plans to ensure consistent messaging by AT&T to highest value customers while also ensuring best knowledge of customer priorities
- assess strategic opportunities from a business case analysis perspective and define a portfolio of annual opportunities to meet revenue goals
- develop and maintain a high quality sales funnel for year-over-year growth
- initiate annual general new business, new business, and bid & proposal budgets aligned with the sales funnel and balanced with budgetary realities
- ensure budgets, schedules, and performance standards are realistically set and attained
- train and manage a diverse work team serving both business development and capture management roles as required
- mentor and lead the team through opportunity reviews and decision gates (identification, qualification, opportunity development, and bid/no)
- manage the team with proper balance on tactical deliverables and strategic milestones.
The ideal candidate will possess: strong knowledge, understanding, and background of various agencies and components of the Department of Defense; solid background and knowledge of information and communications technology solutions delivered through professional services acquisitions; broad knowledge of specific business, industry, and company capabilities necessary to solve unique and highly complex problems; ability to work complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible factors; excellent collaboration skills to achieve results through direct employees and indirect business partners
Bachelor’s or advanced degree; 10 or more years of experience with government contracting and acquisitions; five or more years of experience in Business Development and Capture Management with a demonstrated track record of success (new wins, growth, and retentions); and demonstrated management and supervisory skills.
Desired: Understanding of AT&T products and services; advanced computer skills; experience with CRM toolsets; past experience working in or supporting DOD; experience shepherding (BD/Capture) a successful contract award valued over $50M.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V