Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Domestic Mastercard Send Strategic Initiatives
Digital Payments & Labs leads the company in innovating payment products and services using new technologies. Global Digital Payments & Labs leads the development and deployment of Mastercard product and services to many markets and holds accountability for end-to-end customer experience in the lifecycle of the product and the customers. Mastercard Send was the first of its kind to leverage our core infrastructure to push payments within seconds to all U.S. Mastercard and Visa debit cards.
Director, Domestic Mastercard Send Strategic Initiatives will be responsible for identifying and commercializing new use cases and verticals leveraging the MA Send platform to drive increased volume and revenue. The will also support strategic initiatives for the business by partnering with other teams within Mastercard (including the ACH team and Core Products team) as well as external entities to identify areas of partnership and deliver mutually beneficial solutions. The Director will also act as the SME on Mastercard (MA) Send for sales teams.
Identifying new use cases/verticals for business expansion
• Follow the Product Management Excellence (PME) process while identifying and commercializing new domestic use cases and verticals that can benefit from MA Send push payments including opportunities in P2M, Bill Pay and Prepaid
• Complete market sizing for these opportunities
• Conduct research and in-person customer engagements to identify the pain points that can be solved for or opportunities that can be unlocked to develop compelling value propositions for customers
• Develop business cases for the identified opportunities
• Identify product and platform enhancements to deliver a superior value proposition and partner with the Platforms and O&T teams to develop the requirements to support the same
• Work with the regions and finance to define pricing for these use cases
• Develop marketing and sales collateral for commercialization
• Partner with Product Delivery and all other internal stakeholders to launch solution with customers
The MA Send product is relatively new and the business needs to constantly identify internal cross-functional partnerships that can help enhance the product platform to deliver the next phase of growth. The Director in this role will
• Be the product lead forging new and mutually beneficial partnerships within DP&L and Core Products to advance joint objectives
• Partner with the Platforms team to define the architecture for potential breakout solutions
• Develop the value story and get Executive Sponsorship for potential breakout solutions
• Partner with the Regional teams while building products or enhancing platform functionality
• Serve as an evangelizer for Mastercard Send – driving activities across functional areas (product, sales, business development, finance, etc.).
All About You
• Deep understanding of the Product Management and Product Development process – demonstrated ability to launch new products from concept to market launch
• Demonstrated ability to influence senior leadership and decision makers with prospective internal and external partners.
• Ability to map out and develop new use cases, financial / economic models, and deal constructs
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationship with external customers / partners, and internal stakeholders
• Significant experience in Payments Industry with an understanding of how payment networks operate
• Experience in managing Customer Experience in the B2B2C space
• Travel required
• Location – New York or Purchase, NY
Equal Opportunity Employer