Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Consumer Product Development
Consumer payments are rapidly evolving in both the US & Canada, with multiple new solutions and market entrants. Mastercard is constantly looking for opportunities to leverage new innovations & technologies to extend our payment services. As part of the NAM Core Products Team, the successful candidate for the role of Director, Consumer Product Development would be tasked with leveraging new developments such as Faster Payments to create product solutions to help expand the payments ecosystem and drive mastercard preference at Point of Sale. Specifically the candidate will be required to:
• Manage multiple product development initiatives.
• Identify, develop and launch relevant product solutions that enable differentiation and meet the needs of all the constituents.
• Partner with internal & external stakeholders to ensure seamless and efficient product deployment.
• Demonstrate thought-leadership, product/technology development expertise in the integration of technology into new product and service solutions.
• Identify, evaluate and build business models to support new product initiatives.
• Formulate potential solutions and rigorously test with prospective customers.
• Provide consultative sales leadership through a combination of functional skills and an understanding of MasterCard assets.
• Partner with internal teams to define and drive execution of go-to-market strategies.
• Be an industry expert, continually testing the applicability of solutions in the changing regulatory/competitive environment.
ALL ABOUT YOU
The candidate should demonstrate:
• The ability to manage multiple product development initiatives.
• Experience of developing and driving product development initiatives – particularly in a cross-functional environment.
• Strategic thinking skills and ability to both design and deliver technology based business models.
• Experience of defining and managing go-to-market plans and leveraging market insights to differentiate from competitors.
• Strong communication skills to influence internal and external stakeholders.
• An understanding of the merchant landscape and the impact of the Durbin Amendment.
• An understanding of the ACH/Faster Payments infrastructure.
Equal Opportunity Employer