Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Commercial Product Development
• The Commercial Product development team is responsible for delivering new products, services, and business models to achieve acceleration of the business and to open up new revenue streams
• New Product Development must be aligned with Commercial Strategy, Based on deep customer insights obtained through engagement with the markets and partnership with Marketing, and jointly prioritized with the Commercial Leadership Team
• The team is expected to operate a discipline and a structured process to measure progress and success
• The individual in this role is responsible for taking new product concepts which have been approved and guiding them through the development and go to market phases.
• You will be expected to work across cross-functional teams and lead multiple active projects at one time.
• Do you have a proven ability to manage complex projects and lead new product development teams?
• Have you ever brought a new product to market on a global scale?
• Are you able to manage conversations at both a business and complex technical level?
• Primary responsibility for the Product Development builder role is getting new product concepts built and successfully transferred to global and regional product management into the RUN phase
• Works with regions on activities from initial sales, training, pilot testing, and overall go-to-market strategy
• Interfaces with external partners, product management teams and Operations & Technology teams to manage the development of new products
• Manage the product development process to ensure the fully commercialized product meets the initial requirements and is delivered with the necessary quality to achieve the business plan
• Present new product development roadmaps and innovation plans to external audiences
All About You
• Experience partnering with product and tech teams to develop new products and bring them to market successfully
• Experience with Agile development process
• Experience leading ‘virtual teams’ across different markets to ensure alignment
• Knowledge of MC platforms and systems
• Strong project management skills
• Strong documentation skills
• Good presentation skills to conduct training
• This position can be based in Purchase, NY or O'Fallon, MO
• Travel required (~20%)
Equal Opportunity Employer