DescriptionDescription:The MultiMedia Account Executive will represent and sell the entire AJC/CMG sales portfolio (print – newspaper/magazines; direct mail/direct marketing; digital – not limited to websites [i.e., AJC.com], email marketing, SEO/SEM; Reach Extension; Native Advertising/Sponsored Content; and mobile; and much more). The AE is directly responsible for developing assigned markets/categories; growing and increasing revenues from high potential prospects and existing accounts. Their primary responsibility will be to achieve stated product revenue goals by applying audience based solutions to meet or exceed their clients’ needs. They will work with the primary client contact to develop, present, close and execute client solutions across the portfolio. This individual will be an experienced field sales representative with digital and/or media knowledge. The candidate should possess good communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to exceed specific activity metrics and revenue goals. Primary method of customer contact will be sales calls as well as phone calls and emails.Responsible for complete sales cycle including prospecting, presenting, closing & retaining business across the entire portfolio including print and digital products.
Meet management and/or process defined deadlines. Demonstrate focused daily activity. Demonstrate an understanding of the AJC/CMG business offering. Demonstrate an understanding of and remain current with the print and online media market.Training & Development
- Responsible for growing business with existing accounts and diversifying client spend to entire product portfolio.
- Responsible for growing business from new accounts.
- Assess customers/prospect’s needs and recommend most suitable application of products to satisfy stated needs.
- Will collaboratively work with the primary client contact to develop, present, close and execute audience based solutions across the portfolio. Communicate specific product specifications and processes to clients and internal partners to insure quality and timely execution of purchased products.
- Work to identify and qualify customers and prospects having significant revenue generation potential for products.
- Evaluate product offerings against customer's needs, budget and competitors' offerings.
- Utilize a sales automation system to manage day-to-day activities and update management of such activity through system generated activity reports.
- Consistently meet or exceed management defined activity, revenue and product goals. Exceed monthly revenue goals.
- Demonstrate a level of digital competency and aptitude in new digital media including:
- Programmatic (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Native (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Mobile media (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Social media (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- SEM (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Video/Audio (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Digital Services
- Knowledge of print media landscape including competitive publications.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of real time bidding, trading desks and audience based selling solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to keep abreast of new digital technology and the application to clients’ needs.
- Frequent local travel required.
May be assigned other duties as needed.Qualifications
QualificationsEducation:High School Diploma or equivalent experience.Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, a related field, preferred.
- May assists Sales managers to develop other account executives in either digital or print knowledge, depending upon own expertise; and/or sells techniques.
- May assist with training new AE’s on the product portfolio and positioning of ad products.
Cox Media Group (CMG) is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that also includes the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations; more than 60 radio stations; six daily newspapers, more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and nearly 15 million radio listeners.
- Minimum of 3-years' advertising/sales experience preferred, with a preference for 5 or more years.
- Prefer experience in one or more of following sales fields: digital product sales; digital services sales, digital and/or print media; direct marketing
- Media sales industry knowledge preferred.
- Prior traditional advertising sales experience a plus.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Demonstrated record of success cold calling for new business.
- Superior sales and phone skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
- Must be able to work in highly collaborative environment.
- Solid ability to identify new revenue opportunities
- Excellent analytical capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills providing quick response time and accurate issue resolution.
- Results-driven and highly accountable.
- Self-directed, motivated, and with exceptional multi-tasking abilities.
- Understands and remains current on all print and online media products and markets.
- Demonstrable computer knowledge required
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com Organization:
Cox Media GroupPrimary Location:
US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NEEmployee Status: